MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting on a Versa Max II for my 9c, but wanted to get something to carry it in until it arrives. So I found a Pro Tech Outdoors Belly Wrap:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=213575

It's basically like carrying the pistol with an IWB holster or Mexican style, but you don't have the width of the holster and you don't have to worry about your weapon falling out like Mexican carry because the elastic grips it securely. Also, of great importance to me, you can tuck your shirt over it and it conceals extremely well, especially with the short grip of the M&Pc.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The belly band holsters are very good for summertime wear if you don't mind sweating a bit. Most of us could use sweating away some mid-section pounds anyway.

Everything I have read so far about the "holster shirts" says that they are less than ideal.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Broadside said:
The belly band holsters are very good for summertime wear if you don't mind sweating a bit. Most of us could use sweating away some mid-section pounds anyway.

Everything I have read so far about the "holster shirts" says that they are less than ideal.

I've been using one for two months now, and I plan on getting 5 or 6 more. They are just too good. They are a bit slow on the draw for obvious reasons, but the security and comfort is excellent. They are great for a second gun or when dressed in a manner that there is no practical way to carry a gun. I can carry a 4 inch K-Frame revolver in one, but it works best with snubbies or my Kahr K9. I think a M&P Compact would be an ideal fit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Crosstimbers Okie said:
[quote name='Broadside']The belly band holsters are very good for summertime wear if you don't mind sweating a bit. Most of us could use sweating away some mid-section pounds anyway.

I've been using one for two months now, and I plan on getting 5 or 6 more. They are just too good. They are a bit slow on the draw for obvious reasons, but the security and comfort is excellent. They are great for a second gun or when dressed in a manner that there is no practical way to carry a gun. I can carry a 4 inch K-Frame revolver in one, but it works best with snubbies or my Kahr K9. I think a M&P Compact would be an ideal fit.[/quote]

I also use holster t-shirts (UnderCover Comfort) for carrying my compact (G23) and subcompact (G39) Glocks. The holster t-shirts work best in my environment and are very comfortable. Of course, the trade off is slower access time. However, better to have a weapon on you than in your safe at home.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That looks like the old DeSantis "Confidant" of the mid '90s. I have one. They are alright but not nearly as secure and comfortable as the 511 holster t-shirt. With the 511 there is absolutely no flopping and the gun will not fall out even if you stand on your head.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also have the basic Protech bellyband (4" model). I purchased it for times when I'm not wearing a belt (which rules out my CTAC). I've found that it carries better than I expected and is pretty adjustable. The drawbacks are already listed in previous posts but I find the pros combine with the cheap price (~$20 delivered) to make it a very reasonable option. (not a true replacement, but another option)

As I mentioned about the belt, with warmer weather now arriving I find my casual wardrobe shifting back to cargo shorts, trunks, and sometimes even drawstrings pants. Some of these just don't work with the CTAC. I thought the $20 was worth a try to maintain both concealed carry and a lightweight wardrobe.

If the weather ever breaks this weekend I hope to be on my boat with the family and plan to do so carrying the 9c in the Protech.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts