MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone point me to the place to see the difference in the frame size of the .45 and the 9mm?

·
Registered
41 Posts
http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/sto...p;content=40302

For the 9

Model: M&P

Caliber: 9mm

Capacity: 17+1 Rounds

Barrel Length: 4.25"

Front Sight: Steel Ramp Dovetail Mount - Tritium Sights Optional

Rear Sight: Steel Novak® Lo-Mount Carry - Tritium Sights Optional

Trigger Pull: 6.5 lbs.

Trigger Travel: Rest to Fire .300 in.

Trigger Reset: Approx. .140 in.

Frame: Large

Finish: Slide and Barrel Black Melonite®, 68HRc

Overall Length: 7.5"

Material: Zytel Polymer Frame, Stainless Steel Barrel/Slide and Structural Components

Weight Empty (No Mag): 24.00 oz.

Overall Height: 5.5"

Width: 1.2"

Sight Length: 6.4"

For the 45

SKU: 109306

Model: M&P

Caliber: .45ACP

Capacity: 10+1 Rounds

Barrel Length: 4.5"

Front Sight: Steel Ramp Dovetail Mount

Rear Sight: Steel Novak® Lo-Mount Carry

Trigger Pull: 6.5 lbs.

Trigger Travel: Rest to Fire .300 in.

Trigger Reset: Approx. .140 in.

Frame: Large

Finish: Slide and Barrel Black Melonite®, 68HRc, Black Zytel Polymer Frame

Overall Length: 7.75"

Material: Zytel Polymer Frame, Stainless Steel Barrel, Slide and Structural Components

Weight Empty (No Mag): 29.6 oz.

Overall Height: 5.5"

Width: 1.2"

Sight Length: 6.8"

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am curious also but as to the grip size of the MP40 and MP9 vs. the MP45. I know they show the spec size on the web sight but they don't detail the grip size. My question is because I can just barely reach the trigger of my beautiful MP45 with the small insert. Definitely the best feeling .45 cal I have used to date with my very short trigger finger. The only .45 I can reach easily is a 1911 with a short trigger but it is 2007 and there are so many nice guns out there with the M&P the best I have tried for fitting me.

I want to get my girlfriend a 9mm as she is more sensitive to recoil than I am and she could use a slightly smaller grip than the .45 with the small insert.

It looks as though the width of the frame is the same. Seeing as they had to add length to the magwell for the .45's I wonder if they had to add to the length of the outside also.

So the question I have "Is the grip on the MP9 smaller front to back than the MP45?"

Even if it is a small difference. Some is better than none in my case.

Any info on this would be much appreciated.

"Live Free or Die"

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
This may sound strange but you can use the weapon without a backstrap. This will shorten the reach to the trigger. The grip can be worked on to smooth out the edges and the gaps can be filled with some sort of epoxy or I'm sure Burwell can come up with something. Just an option.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I was at a large gun show in Phoenix today (which sucked btw, more beef jerkey than guns) and was struck by how small the M&P looked compared to other pistols with the same. I have owned and carried many different types of pistols for a whole lot of years but the M&P really does seem like the perfect size for a 4.25 inch barrel pistol. Very easy for me to CCW. I also saw some really nice M&P .45s with good finishes so it looks like Smith finally got that straightened out. I picked one up for $525 cash. I'll put a couple hundred rounds through it tomorrow after cleaning and lubing it today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts