MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Leemaxx said:
Um.... how does it come out?:oops: I can't even turn it a 1/4".

Lee

The good news is you'll only have to deal with this issue at its worst once before it begins to get broken in. On mine, it absolutely would not turn a quarter turn in one direction, but I eventually got it to go in the opposite direction.

Once you get it to turn the quarter turn, use the bottom plastic lip of a magazine to pull it out -- the horns of the tool are kinda sharp to keep impaling your fingers on when it's still stiff, eh?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Some can be really tight!! I mean frogs ass tight.
I met a guy at the range a few weeks ago and it took me 10 min just to get it out to replace his palm swell to a large with tools present.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've probably removed the tool from mine around 20-25 times and it's still very tight although there are times when it does come out easier. On the harder times I've used a pliers to twist it 90 degrees which does not damage the tool at all.

·
Registered
288 Posts
On my original MPBxxxx frame, the tool turned and came out VERY easily. On my new MPJxxx frame, I have to use pliers to get it to budge at all (I'm such a wuss :oops: )

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just picked up my new MP.40. I can't even move the tool. The good news is I am pretty comfortable with the medium palm swells so I am not sure if breaking out the pliers is worth the trouble.

Other than that, I am more than happy with my MP.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I used the handle part of a pair of pliers which had a rubber type grip on them (note: not the metal "jaws" part - you might ruin the tool, but the handles themselves).

·
Registered
207 Posts
I finally got my frame tool out last night.

I swapped up to the large palm swell and can’t figure out which one works better for me. I guess that will be sorted out on my next trip to the range.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts