MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Would you mind posting a pic of your tool of choice and the tip of it? Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. It's my 4th home stipple job, each one comes out a little cleaner.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm just using a $15 40W Soldering iron, I will try to take a pic of the tip tonight.
After your 4th one, can you share some pointers so I can hopefully learn from your experiences before attempting on mine. Thanks.

·
Registered
212 Posts
!!!!! I JUST post a response in another thread about how I am not much for stippling and then I see this! That is THEE nicest SJob I have ever seen. If you were local, I would pay you to do mine. Looks very natural, as if the frame was molded that way. Holly of hollies man!.. WOULD you do mine if I had the balls to send you my frame?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
After your 4th one, can you share some pointers so I can hopefully learn from your experiences before attempting on mine. Thanks.
I think first you need to ask yourself what the goal is to your stipplng. For me it is to reduce slippage while firing and secure a good grip with sweaty, wet or bloody hands. I takes much less modification to reach this goal then many stipple jobs I see. Think less is more, you can always add more. Do a little and see how it feels/works before you go further. You don't need to render your frame into a corn cob.

Distinct patterns like dots, holes or lines are harder to do as they allow very little room for error. I use a sort of random asphalt like pattern and it is much more forgiving.

Take the natural lines on the gun into consideration. Try to compliment them. Decide ahead of time where you want to make the modifications and use masking tape to delineate your work space.

I have started doing stipple work for others now and the polymer is different from each manufacturer. Below is an example of a Gen3 Glock job. Again try to compliment what is already there.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
!!!!! I JUST post a response in another thread about how I am not much for stippling and then I see this! That is THEE nicest SJob I have ever seen. If you were local, I would pay you to do mine. Looks very natural, as if the frame was molded that way. Holly of hollies man!.. WOULD you do mine if I had the balls to send you my frame?
Thank you, Yes, I think we could work something out. PM me and we can discuss it. I would only need the frame and any mags you want done.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I did my fullsize a while back, after shooting the shield today for the first time if needs some stippling action itself. It's very slick from the factory.

Looks good.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Yes...congrats are in order on a masterful job. I personally did about 3 dimples on the polymer itself (after having done the removable palm swells) and decided I didn't have the fortitude for it. From you work I can see myself increasing the radius on the soldering tip so it's not as sharp, and attempting it once again. Pictures of the tool tip most welcome.

What temperature did you choose or is it not a controllable pen?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts