MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I picked up a new 40c that I wanted to do the bead blast on. I decided to cut some front cocking serrations into the slide. I tried them out and they are very functional yet not to obvious, it makes it much easier to press check your gun any comments?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I'm not a fan of front cocking serrations. The only good use I have found for them is tearing up holsters. :wink:

Nice work though.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can see how they may be a bit Glockish considering my back ground
the last ones I did were half moon crescents (to better match the rear) and I didn’t really like them. I actually like these better because you barely notice them when the slide is on the gun. I like front cocking serrations because I sweat a lot and I don’t like putting the palm of my hand in the line of possible fire when performing a press check.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I definitely like the subtlety of those serrations. Personally I also dislike the look of front crescent serrations. Nice job, this pistol is certainly coming together very well.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
BoomBoom said:
I can see how they may be a bit Glockish considering my back ground
the last ones I did were half moon crescents (to better match the rear) and I didn’t really like them. I actually like these better because you barely notice them when the slide is on the gun. I like front cocking serrations because I sweat a lot and I don’t like putting the palm of my hand in the line of possible fire when performing a press check.

Having seen yours and having seen the crescents done, I think taking yours and making them on a curve like carved out parenthesis might be really nice. Have no idea how ward it would be to do that though.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Good work Ronnie.

I see that along with another post I saw around and think it is beggin to have the rear serrations altered by taking the waves out and then doing the front ones on the same angle as the new rear's.

Just my $0.02

There you go Ronnie now get to work

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Uhhh Yeahhh

I do have a couple ideas I might try but I am going to wait till I find a good price on a used M&P to experiment with rather than try it on this new one. I really liked the M&P long slide with the Colt style serrations they had at the shot show though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts