MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive read a few threads about front sights being off center, how much off center is it for people? I checked my sight today, and it does seem off to the right, but is it enough to throw off the accuracy a lot? I dont have any armorers tools so I cant really drift the sights myself, any suggestions on what to do?

E

·
0 Posts
Maybe you can adjust windage on the rear sights to compensate? Otherwise, take it to a smith. How far to the right does it throw your shots?

What revision do you have? M or N?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
The front sight being to the right will result in hits to the left. I would shoot the gun first to see where it's hitting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My new Rev N (bought it 2 weeks ago) had the front sight offset noticably to the right. It shot abuot 2" left at 25yds. Had my local smith calculate the amount necessary to get the groups centered and drift it over. It ended up almost perfectly centered. MadMarcus

·
Registered
377 Posts
I looked at my sights last night and they are more to the right as well. Maybe that is part of the reason that I am shooting low left.

·
Registered
708 Posts
you arent the only one, we had quite a few threads a few months back about this.. mine is also to the right just a bit

·
Registered
52 Posts
I talked to Smith about this issue. Apparently they're aware of it. A whole batch of M&P's got off the production line due to a glitch in quality control.

The guy checking the front sights has been reassigned.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wouldn`t exactly say the sights being off a little bit makes them "bad weapons". I still had no problem at all hitting 6" round swinging targets every time at 25yds. I`ve had guns made by other manufacturers whos sights were as far or further off. I`m sure Smith will correct it in short order. MadMarcus

E

·
0 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
After watching Todd Jarrett's 4 minute video I caught some of the mistakes that would possibly cause my groups to be low and to the left. I am hitting the range this weekend to verify however, I would hate to have a bad batch of weapons on the market.

Uh what video is that about?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Eddo36 said:
[quote name='Morgan Walker']After watching Todd Jarrett's 4 minute video I caught some of the mistakes that would possibly cause my groups to be low and to the left. I am hitting the range this weekend to verify however, I would hate to have a bad batch of weapons on the market.

Uh what video is that about?[/quote]

I'm guessing it's this one:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4...1363&q=todd

·
Registered
172 Posts
The front sight on mine (MPFXXXX) was off-center to the right. I shot it, it shot left. It also shot low. After shooting it a while, I decided that it wasn't the shooter who was 2" left and 4-6" low and sent it back to S&W. The pistol was returned with a shorter and centered front sight.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts