MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody here been to front sight in nevada? reading the web seems to indicate good training but firsthand experience is always better

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Front Sight is good to go!

Where do you live? The reason I ask is there might be great training locally for you to attend as well.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thunder Ranch in Oregon

Wish I had the time and $$$$$$ to attend Thunder Ranch in Oregon, Gunsite in Arizona or Front Sight in Nevada.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hi slove_mp9c, I don't want to hijack this thread as I do not know anything about Front Sight, but I just wanted to say hi as I am also from the Spokane area.

Ron

·
Registered
471 Posts
No I haven't slove_mp9c. I sure would like to, but I just have not had the $$ to do so.

Ron

·
Registered
5 Posts
Front Sight

Hi, I did a 4 day defensive handgun course at front sight in March of 2004. To sum up the experience it was the hardest fun you'll ever ever have. If you've never gone what you want to do is first go to www.fscerts.com or www.FirearmCourseCertificates.com or www.FirearmTrainingDiscounts.com to purchase a HIGHLY discounted pass to go to front sight. I paid about $450 for my certificate and back then the actual cost was about $1600. The reason you can buy these is when someone joins front sight as a member they get some free passes with their membership that they can either sell or give to friends. Most sell to recoup the costs of their membership. The training that you'll receive is top top notch and the instructors are all very knowledgeable and don't have attitudes like you'll see at some other schools...who wants to pay $2000 for a course and then be humiliated and abused...not me!!! The 1st day you'll learn trigger control, sight picture and drawing from a holster. 1st day is pretty mundane and not a lot of shooting going on. Next day you start a lot of shooting from the draw from 3 yds to 25 yds on timed targets that appear and then disappear. After this day all you'll want to do is go back to your hotel and sleep. Lots of work. 3rd day you'll start doing shoot houses, tactical scenarios, and a really really fun night shoot with flashlight. You'll be there about 8am to 9pm this day. Then the last day is the culmination and test of what you've learned over the past 3 days...You'll come out of this class being able to outshoot 99% of anyone else that owns a gun...law enforcement included...which as a side note you'll see many LE officers that paid their own way to attend this school. I don't want to bore you with anymore details but it is definately worth the time and money. If you want any more info let me know what kind of questions you have. Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts