MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ,i would like to know if the speedshooter front sights are for a carry gun , thanks for any info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,507 Posts
Well it depends on what logic you apply. Here see:

1. I carried my M&P with one on it so it must be OK for everyone else.

2. IDPA you can only use guns that could be used for carry/self defense and I know a lot of guys were using speedshooter's in IDPA that must mean it is OK for carry.

3. My instructor had one on his carry gun so it must be OK for carry.



Or we can go the other way:

1. my buddy said the rods break I can't have anything on my carry gun that could break. (never mind the blade doesn't fly off when the rod breaks).

2. People use them in competition and we all know you cannot use competition gear for carry.

3. My instructor said that he would never allow one on his gun.



Oh yeah I forgot to ask which of the speed shooter's front sights you were talking about. Kenny makes the fiber optic and he makes a really nice plain serrated. My comments above are all based on the assumption that you were asking about his F/O sight.



Sorry if I sound a little cranky, I think I may need my evening coffee, but I have seen this question go either down hill or nowhere on other boards and I figured if I threw all the sides out there to begin with we could part with the bickering.



wohoo! new record! according to my spell checker I only mispelled one word in all that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
471 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
wohoo! new record! according to my spell checker I only mispelled one word in all that.






Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
I recently bought 2 front sights from SpeedShooter, one for my 40 and one for my 9. Service was excellent, fast shipping. I just dont like the sights. The range I go to is indoor, and there is not alot of light where you stand, but the targets are well lit, therefore there is not adequate light for the fiber optic rod on mine. I either need to switch back to the factory sight or get a bigger FO dot, to allow for more light intrusion into the rod.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,507 Posts
Evil Joker said:
I recently bought 2 front sights from SpeedShooter, one for my 40 and one for my 9. Service was excellent, fast shipping. I just dont like the sights. The range I go to is indoor, and there is not alot of light where you stand, but the targets are well lit, therefore there is not adequate light for the fiber optic rod on mine. I either need to switch back to the factory sight or get a bigger FO dot, to allow for more light intrusion into the rod.
You may want to try another color. I am guessing you have the red rods. Red is the most popular but alot of people find it to be alittle too dim indoors. Usually changing to green helps a good bit. I think Speed shooter has the green rods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
EJ, if you want to send one of them back I can install a larger rod for you to try, or I can send you a different color rod to try. Email me and we'll figure something out. We sell the Dawson sights as well and, as usual, they're almost the best f/o front sight you can get for the M&P
Anything Dawson makes is top quality and I'm sure they stand behind it as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Dan Burwell said:
[quote name='Evil Joker']I recently bought 2 front sights from SpeedShooter, one for my 40 and one for my 9. Service was excellent, fast shipping. I just dont like the sights. The range I go to is indoor, and there is not alot of light where you stand, but the targets are well lit, therefore there is not adequate light for the fiber optic rod on mine. I either need to switch back to the factory sight or get a bigger FO dot, to allow for more light intrusion into the rod.
You may want to try another color. I am guessing you have the red rods. Red is the most popular but alot of people find it to be alittle too dim indoors. Usually changing to green helps a good bit. I think Speed shooter has the green rods.[/quote]



Dan's right (that seems to be a frequent occurence :wink: ). Try the green. It tends to stick out better in lower light conditions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
I do have the green. I may take you up on the offer and send one back. My friend has red, and I like the green better.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top