MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm waiting for my CCL, I'm looking for a holster for my M&P9. I would like to know what everyone is using for IWB carry. I've been looking at some of the hybrids and some of the Kydex ones. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also is the M&P40 the same size as the 9, holster wise?

Thanks

Lee

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm using a C-TAC. It's my 1st holster, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it carries comfortably, and at times, I forget I have it on. I, too, considered the Milt Sparks VM2 (since they are made here in Boise, ID), but I went with a Bulman instead. It'll be here sometime in the March to May time frame.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
IF I decide to carry my M&P9 I will carry it in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II. However, since they have a long wait time I would consider one of the IWB Blade-Techs for the time being.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I ordered a VMII from Milt Sparks as well. I have two others and love em both.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I weigh 135lbs and use the High Noon Split Decision holster for my M&P .40. It feels pretty good for a cheap holster.

·
Registered
406 Posts
YukonGlocker is exactly right. Milt Sparks is the best money can buy. The VM2 is an amazing holster. I recommend black horsehide.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the opinions. I'm think I'll leaning towrd the VM2. I'm not expecting my CCL until the end of April anyhow, so I have some time.
Does any one have any pics of the holster on a person in use? Thanks again for the help.

Lee

·
Registered
113 Posts
CTAC

Carry it all the time in both the 3 and 5 o'clock position. Very comfortable with slight modifications.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
While I'm still on the fence about carrying my M&P9 I came across a good deal on a Comp-Tac CTAC the other day. Since the VMIIs run about twice as much and have a long wait I decided to snag the CTAC and give the M&P a chance as my CCW.

Now, I've had a CTAC for my G19 for about 3-4 years now but I've never been impressed with it and I've always preferred the VMII.

Yesterday the CTAC arrives so I put it on and holster up. Wearing jeans, a standard belt and a t-shirt I was absolutely amazed at how comfortable it was and how well it concealed! I wore it all evening until it was time to sack out, about 6 hours, and I'm extremely impressed so far!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I carry a full size 1911 in a Milt Sparks Watch Six.

'5 10" 220 Lbs (not all muscle!) I've tried a couple IWB holsters and they never felt quite right,

but I can wear the watch six all day long and hardly know it's there.

There's a long wait for Spark's hosters, but well worth it.

Heck, I know I will eventually get a M&P 40c. I'll probably order the holster before I get the gun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts