MP-Pistol Forum banner

Do you carry a spare mag when you carry concealed?

• Always

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

• Never

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some sleeves that I made up for my 15 round mag which I carry as spare.

They are made from 2 layers of .060 Kydex molded by hand (no jigs yet) so they are all slightly different. Outer layer on the first one that I made doesn't wrap around the back. It works but doesn't look as nice as as the ones that wrap completely. The quality of workmanship improved progressively also.

I made these all from scraps so there are some minor material flaws but nothing functional.

If anyone (1 or 2) would like to try them out (no charge) and critique the design and function I would greatly appreciate it.

I don't think I want to try to sell these for a profit (they're actually more difficult to make than a holster) but if they work for others I would make them at cost+postage as a hobby.

Anyone interested shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Luvmy40, I would be glad to try them. I plan on getting a full size magazine, but must admit I don't have one yet. One extension would be enough for the test. If someone else already has the .40 fullsize, go ahead and work with them and I'd be glad to pay for one when my magazine comes in. Thanks. Jim

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm not sure the 40 cal will work on the 9c but they look great luvmy40! Good job.

If the 40 cal sleeves will work on the 9mm, I'd love to try out one.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
9mm

Looks like they will work on the 9mils also.

I'm going to send one out to toocool and one to johndoe1027 (order of posting) if they give me a thumbs up on performance I'll get some more made and figure what they cost me. I'll post more later.

will send pms

·
Registered
7 Posts
As one who is interested in an M&P Compact, but concerned about its short grip height, I'm particularly interested in your sleeves, luvmy40. But I can't see the pics, either as inline pics or going to the links, such as "upload8-postimage-org/328633/photo_hosting-html" (I'd make it a link, but as a newbie, I can't. "You must have 2 posts before you can post URL's/Links." What odd rules.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I am at work and can't view the pics, but I will when I get home. I am also very surprised in the poll results, I thought everyone would carry an additional magazine, IMHO.

·
Registered
7 Posts
luvmy40, for some reason, the pics are now showing up perfectly. Looks good. I'd be interested, if I had an M&P compact to try it on! Maybe after I get mine I'll order one.

Morgan Walker said:
I am at work and can't view the pics, but I will when I get home. I am also very surprised in the poll results, I thought everyone would carry an additional magazine, IMHO.
Why do you think it so critical to carry 100% of the time?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Kardinal said:
luvmy40, for some reason, the pics are now showing up perfectly. Looks good. I'd be interested, if I had an M&P compact to try it on! Maybe after I get mine I'll order one.

[quote name='Morgan Walker']I am at work and can't view the pics, but I will when I get home. I am also very surprised in the poll results, I thought everyone would carry an additional magazine, IMHO.
Why do you think it so critical to carry 100% of the time?[/quote]

Why carry at all, can you take that chance? That is I am assuming you are talking about the magazine, because we wont get into that debate of when and when not too CCW. :wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Morgan Walker said:
Why carry at all, can you take that chance? That is I am assuming you are talking about the magazine, because we wont get into that debate of when and when not too CCW. :wink:
Oh yes, I was talking about carrying an extra magazine. Why do you feel that is an absolute requirement?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts