MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I have a deal with my local dealer, he gets my G23 and I get a new M&P nothing out of my pocket. The only thing is which do I get the full size or compact??

I already traded my G17 for a M&P9C and paid him $160 for it last week. I am going up there this Sat coming up to do this 2nd deal.

Just wanted your thoughts on this, how do each shoot? the compact and the full size? I am not really a 40SW shooter I do have 500rd of 40 ammo that is why I was trading for a 40SW other wise I would get the full size 9mm.

Its just hard to pick.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've had a full sized 9mm for some time and just bought the 9c since I found the larger version a bit to cumbersome for CC.

The 9c carries much better on my frame in a CTAC. I've only had the 9c out to the range once, for about 150 round of WWB and about 10 Win JHP's. Both guns have always performed flawlessly.

I found that I'm not as accurate with my 9c (yet?) but I like both a lot.

So... IMHO, both are great guns -- the full size is a better range pistol, but the compact hides better and shoots "good enuf" for my purposes.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have and carry my 40c almost every day. Its shorter barrel and grip make it much easier to carry all day and conceal the gun. I plan to get a 40 full size eventually and carry both but for now my 40c will do.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Get the 40c, some fullsize mags(might even still get a couple for free) and some mag sleeves. :twisted: :twisted: You then have a compact/full size convertible!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Glock for a MP? Any day!

There are several things you can do.

1) Get the full sized 40. I have one and it is a great gun. No problems with about 2500 rounds through it.

2) Get the 40 compact so you will have two compacts that fit the same holster.

3) Get another full sized 9mm and send me your SW40 caliber ammo as a consulting fee.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Re: Glock for a MP? Any day!

TxPhantom said:
There are several things you can do.

1) Get the full sized 40. I have one and it is a great gun. No problems with about 2500 rounds through it.

2) Get the 40 compact so you will have two compacts that fit the same holster.

3) Get another full sized 9mm and send me your SW40 caliber ammo as a consulting fee.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have never shot the full size M&P .40, but the .40c is sure a lot of fun to shoot!! I traded my Glock G27 in for it and have not regretted it at all. The M&P is a lot more fun to shoot and it is very accurate. It is easier to conceal if needed.

Ron

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought the fullsize to use in the USPSA matches, and then recently bought the compact to start carrying. The fullsize was just a little bigger than I wanted to carry. Now I have both, a good match!

Matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts