MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a full size M&P 9mm, but now am wondering if I should get the compact because that is all I will be using it for. I already have a .45 for home protection. I'm fairly big at 6'5 and 225 .lb. Will I be able to conceal the full size or should I go down? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
937 Posts
If you ARE going to use it to conceal, get the compact model. The less print the better.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
brentuf said:
I heard that the compact might not fit my hand. Could it be too small to shoot comfortably?

If you get the compact, they come with one magazine with a finger(pinky) rest and one without. You might want to pick up an additional mag. with the finger rest. Both guns are nice, but the compact conceals better.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Dude, a guy your size will have no problem concealing a full size M&P. I doubt you will be very happy with the ergonomics of the compact with the size hands you probably have.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If it helps any I have fairly large hands and the M&P Compact is one of the only compact models that fit me comfortably at all. Good luck on your decision!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone make sleeves for the full size 9mm magazines? I know this would somewhat counter the compactedness of the 9mm compact but I think that it would not be to hard to conceal and I find my compact to be pretty much as accurate as my fullsize and wouldn't mind a few extra rounds.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The MPc was too small for me, didn't like the grip.......and I WANTED to like it! I got the XD9 SC instead and like it alot, I'm able to get 3 fingers on the grip and the pinky on the butt. The 4" Service is not too much bigger though and your a fairly big guy, so you should be ok.

XD9 SC

MP 40

It's the law in Kennesaw!

·
Registered
93 Posts
brentuf said:
I heard that the compact might not fit my hand. Could it be too small to shoot comfortably?

I actually prefer my 40C with out the grip extension. With larger hands you can wrap your pinky under the mag very securly.

If it is going to be your primary.only CCW then I would get the compact no questions asked.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm 6'2" and 215 with large hands. If you can, put the compact in your hand. I have the fullsize 9mm and went to buy the compact, but once I held it I decided to stay with the fullsize for carry. Side by side at the end of the day there isn't much difference (thats just my opinion of course). The barrel is just a tad shorter and once you put in the the extended mag its just a tad smaller the other way. I have a nice in the waist leather holster and a leather paddle. Both carry well with an overshirt.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
For your size I suggest the full size, simply because your hand size. I personally think at your size, not many will be looking for gun prints, but rather the meat hook that could clobber tham. :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts