MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent some time at OKC Gun club today shooting my new AR, and trying the new sights on the M&P full sized and compact. The AR shot great, about 150 rds with no problems and as accurate as I can shoot a rifle. I love the Compact with the front night sight from Speed Shooters, I shot it better than the full sized. The full sized is shooting a little left for me with the fiber optic front sight, need to move it just a little to get it centered in. All 3 guns had zero malfunctions and my little 340pd also came out for a hundred rds of .38's and about 20 .357's. A great day at the range, now I need to buy some more ammo and do it again soon.

I'm taking a Tom Givens course later in the month and am seriously considering shooting my Compact the entire 2 days instead of the full sized. I really like this pistol.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
front sight

I did get a fiber optic front sight for my full sized and a front night sight for my compact. They had both in stock and shipped very quickly. Both are correct height to use with factory rear. The front night sight is very nice with a small white ring around the night sight module.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
night sight

the packaging says S&W factory. I just checked the invoice, item #1395 is what it is listed as for the night sight. Give Speed Shooters a call, I'm sure they'll fix you up. The fiber optic and night sight were about $106 shipped.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
back to the range today

I had went ahead and got a factory rear night sight on my compact so I went back to the range today to see if it was on or not. I fired about 200 rds thru it at 7 to 15 yards and could keep all the rounds on target pretty well as long as I did my part. I have fired close to 1000 rds of Blazer and WWB thru this pistol now with zero malfunctions. It also works well with Gold Dot Short Barrel 124 gr stuff. My Warren plain rear to go with my fiber optic front on my full sized should be in Tue or Wed so I can go check it out too. I'm glad Yukon got me started on the M&P, they really shoot well for me. Didn't shoot the AR today but did pick up some extra Okay 30 rd mags last week at the gun show, a Hogue grip, and just put a small light rail on the bottom of the handguard to slip my TLR 1 on. Not an M&P, but I also enjoyed shooting my 340 pd today as well. I just shot some WWB .38's today and could keep all 5 shots on a small paper plate at 5-7 yards firing rapidly with the Crimson Trace grips. With the exception of my little Kahr PM9, all my guns now are S&W.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts