MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've been reading where the new M&P has been the new choice for several PD's moving away from Glock.

I don't know which Glock is fully automatic but the video clips of it on the net sure look good.

Now I'm wondering if S&W has any plans for a fully automatic M&P Handgun?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Full Auto on a handgun with a 8-14 round mag? Am I missing something?

Seems not very useful.....would be an attention getter for sure!

Fred

·
Registered
147 Posts
Armycop, I'd love to see you hold a full auto pistol on target without some kind of stock on it. Have you ever shot an MP5? its hard to do it with that gun, let alone a pistol! dream on

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
From people who have shot glock 18s, keeping them on target in bursts isn't very hard.

From personal experience with an MP5, keeping it on target without mounting it also ins't too hard.

But you aren't talking a one handed bullseye shooter type grip to do it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good point on the mag capacity. S&W would have to offer a large cap mag similiar to Glock too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had no idea Glock made a full auto pistol. OBV LE and Military only.......

Interesting........anyone know of good video of one?

·
Registered
910 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
[quote name='Fred_Scuttle']...OBV LE and Military only......
Nope. Anyone can own them with the correct paperwork.[/quote]

Rumor has it there are a couple of transferable G18's, but pretty much any NFA website/forum disagrees. I sure as hell have never seen a legal transferable G18.

·
Registered
198 Posts
On an episode of "Miltary Mail Call" on Discovery, R. Lee Irmey (aka Gunny) demo'ed a G18. Blew up some watermelons as I recall. Looked like fun

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
It's possible to empty a 17 round mag in less than 3 seconds by trigger manipulation so who needs full auto?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
josh said:
Rumor has it there are a couple of transferable G18's, but pretty much any NFA website/forum disagrees. I sure as hell have never seen a legal transferable G18.

I know of 2 that are here locally.

·
Registered
910 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
[quote name='josh']Rumor has it there are a couple of transferable G18's, but pretty much any NFA website/forum disagrees. I sure as hell have never seen a legal transferable G18.

I know of 2 that are here locally.[/quote]

How? Weren't the G18's made after 1986? Meaning it would be legal for a manufacturer, Class 3 dealer, LEO, yada yada to own, but how can a civilian legally possess one?

I'm just saying I've yet to see proof of a Form 4 transferable G18. Although from rumors I've heard there's 5-6 out there - I just don't see how as I'm pretty sure they were made well after the ban.

As far as the aftermarket selectfire controls I'm not sure about those.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts