MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
I'm not a current Glock owner, but have owned a few.

In Glocks defense, I think a lot of the issues are operator

error, with the exception of the unsupported chamber "bad idea".

I do know personally of one "kaboom".

Most of the AD's, in the video, seem to have been with law enforcement.

Case in point, the DEA guy. He should not be allowed to handle a firearm,period.

That just gave us gun owners a blackeye.

Especially since he was standing there pounding his chest, prior to shooting himself, about

how he was the only qualified expert in the room to handle such a firearm.

Also, I picked my gun up like this and shot my finger off, yah..that's my

story and I'm sticking to it.

I think the big story here is not the firearm, but the training that these guys are

not getting.
 

·
Site Staff
Joined
·
9,573 Posts
A lot of it comes down to just plain safety issues not connected to the Glock, the Police Chief shot his finger off because he put his hand over the end of the barrel, that's just plain stupid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,528 Posts
Exactly. People are shooting themselves because they are not following critical safety rules.



The reason it seems like Glocks are having more problems is because there are more Glocks in use.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
G56 said:
A lot of it comes down to just plain safety issues not connected to the Glock, the Police Chief shot his finger off because he put his hand over the end of the barrel, that's just plain stupid.




And he still has not learned from the mistake! He was kind enough to do it on camera too.......... :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,499 Posts
Southswede said:
[quote name='G56']A lot of it comes down to just plain safety issues not connected to the Glock, the Police Chief shot his finger off because he put his hand over the end of the barrel, that's just plain stupid.




And he still has not learned from the mistake! He was kind enough to do it on camera too.......... :roll:[/quote]



He did it several times, not a good idea...



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Morgan Walker said:
[quote name='Southswede'][quote name='G56']A lot of it comes down to just plain safety issues not connected to the Glock, the Police Chief shot his finger off because he put his hand over the end of the barrel, that's just plain stupid.




And he still has not learned from the mistake! He was kind enough to do it on camera too.......... :roll:[/quote]



He did it several times, not a good idea...[/quote]

he still has 3 fingers left
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
That guy who shot himself filed a complaint about that video since there wasn't suppose to be a camera in there or something like that. I read about it online. He said he is pretty much a walking joke which is his own fault. I think he tried to sue people over it. I forget where I found the post. Maybe over at S&W forum.



My whole take on the thing is that it IS his own fault. He was the one holding the gun when it went off and if I saw him I would think he's a joke also. He's so trained he shoots himself.



I do think videos like this are a blemish on the responsible gun owners but it comes with the territory. It's like owning a ferrari and getting upset about people looking at your car or taking pictures of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
yobos4vr said:
[quote name='Morgan Walker'][quote name='Southswede'][quote name='G56']A lot of it comes down to just plain safety issues not connected to the Glock, the Police Chief shot his finger off because he put his hand over the end of the barrel, that's just plain stupid.




And he still has not learned from the mistake! He was kind enough to do it on camera too.......... :roll:[/quote]



He did it several times, not a good idea...[/quote]

he still has 3 fingers left[/quote]



Oh yeah! I never thought about it, that way!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
the reason why i bought M&P over XD9SC is that it allows me to take down the gun without pulling trigger.

I thought about glock, but i personaly knows 2 occasions where glock went kaboom (one was poor choice of holster, and the otherone is due to operater error), and even tho it was mainly not the Glock's foult, still casted the shadow on glock in my mind
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,528 Posts
A kaboom is usually referred to as the pistol blowing up. A ND (negligent discharge) is when the gun goes off when the operator didn't want it to. What holster caused the Glock to go off? I know Fobus made some bad holsters that were recalled because of this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
While there is definite operator & handling error evident in these cases, could a gun go KABOOM without one in the chamber? :?:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
this is a little off topic but in the video when they were showing people fire the glock 40 cal. It seemed like the recoil and jump in that pistol was tough to handle. Is this the same type of situation on the mp40 or is it noticably better?? Let me know. I have a mp9 but always interested in the 40.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my buddy has the g22 and the recoil wasn't bad at all. he also has the little glock 40s&w don;t remember that one but it would seem to me a bit more recoil, i never shot it caause it was to small for me. i don't like a grip so short i got nothin for my pinky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
LockNLoad said:
While there is definite operator & handling error evident in these cases, could a gun go KABOOM without one in the chamber? :?:
If you mean an accidental discharge then consider that nothing can fire if there is no ammo in the gun. Then consider that most ADs happen when someone thought the chamber was empty. Then consider that proper training and adherance to gun safety can totally eliminate ADs. Keep the finger out of the trigger guard until you are ready to fire the pistol at a safe target. Presume the pistol is always loaded. Always check to see that the chamber is clear and that there is no mag in the pistol before any dry fire attempt is made.



No keep in mind that a Kaboom is NOT an AD. A Kaboom is generally the word used to describe a gun that blows up due to barrel obstruction or a case failure due to a doube or triple charged handload or even just compromised brass in an unsupported chamber. Glock's use a factory barrel that is not fully supporting the base of the cartridge in 40SW. This is the only caliber where they do this and since the .40SW is a high pressure load it is a sorce of worry. This leads to an observable bulge in base of fired brass with .40SW glocks. If a weak piece of brass gets in there and gets fired in a factory barreled Glock there is the increased potential for a KABOOM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
rtashiro said:
this is a little off topic but in the video when they were showing people fire the glock 40 cal. It seemed like the recoil and jump in that pistol was tough to handle. Is this the same type of situation on the mp40 or is it noticably better?? Let me know. I have a mp9 but always interested in the 40.


Notice the grips they had when firing. I bet they would have shown significant recoil shooting a .22 long pistol. The support hands were very loose in a lot of the shooter's grip I observed. Notice that the firearms instructors didn't seem to have very much recoil at all when they shot. That's a telling difference. The .40SW is not a light caliber load but it's quite controllable if you seek out the right ammo for your particular pistol.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top