MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody see the one where the boys kept pouring dichotomous earth over a full size 40 and firing? It FTRB a couple of times and gummed up pretty good. I wish they would have done that side by side with a GLOCK 22.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I would have loved to see that! As long as it wasnt the dip stick that decided one day he was going to be a jackass and submerge his Glock into his recycle bin and chance hurting/killing his neighbors

wcmaas said:
Anybody see the one where the boys kept pouring dichotomous earth over a full size 40 and firing? It FTRB a couple of times and gummed up pretty good. I wish they would have done that side by side with a GLOCK 22.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
A torture test really doesnt do it for me because I do not plan on doing anything they do with a gun I will watch someone else beat up an expensive tool but hey I know it will serve the purpose I need it for and do not plan onburying my gun peeing on it digging it back up putting steak sauce down the barrell and then try to fire. As long as I can do what I want I am good IMO-Jason

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Exactly, thats why we like to see those tests done.....lmao

101Combat Vet said:
A torture test really doesnt do it for me because I do not plan on doing anything they do with a gun I will watch someone else beat up an expensive tool but hey I know it will serve the purpose I need it for and do not plan onburying my gun peeing on it digging it back up putting steak sauce down the barrell and then try to fire. As long as I can do what I want I am good IMO-Jason

·
Registered
319 Posts
i think that program was biased.

Its great to test how well gun operate under extreme condition. But they should have tested the several others to see how others would done. Like XD and Glock addition to S&W.

I can imagin how S&W hater out there go nuts about how S&W failed under toture test and stuff over at Glcok or XD forum....

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Has anybody got an update on the movie/video torture test that was made? Forum member used to talk about it, said he sent it away to be cut professional.

·
Registered
151 Posts
wcmaas said:
Saw it... given the amount of powder they were pouring in there, I was impressed that it successfully cycled and re-fired as many times as it did. Really, impressive results, IMO.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mity2 said:
i think that program was biased.

Its great to test how well gun operate under extreme condition. But they should have tested the several others to see how others would done. Like XD and Glock addition to S&W.

I can imagin how S&W hater out there go nuts about how S&W failed under toture test and stuff over at Glcok or XD forum....

Exactly - that would have been perfect! Assemble all the tactical tupperware guns and do the same all side by side. THAT would be fantastic!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Guns and Ammo should either do side by side "Torture Tests" or eliminate that segment from the show. I am not interested in seeing firearms cooked on a Bar-B-Q, buried in cement, run over by a pickup truck, dipped in acid, etc. I think that segment is the worst part of the show because it doesn't really show any useful information...just my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts