MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I go there for one reason and one reason only, to find what I want to BUY somewhere else!! The prices are WAY high and the employees might as well be too!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Gander Mountain is insane! They have the new Ruger SR9 priced at $600.00! That's way over list price from the manufacture! M&P's are close to $600.00! They have used guns (not collectibles, or anything special), priced higher than what you can buy a new one for! They no longer are willing to negotiate either.

When I questioned my local Gander Mountain gun counter employee about the increased prices, his only explanation was that they give you one free gun cleaning. :roll:

·
Registered
83 Posts
They (the one is Lacrosse, WI) is trying to sell a new Taurus PT1911 for $699!!! The local shop in my town sells them for $479...

Gander is becoming more and more worthless. Walked around there today with a $20 gift card and couldn't even find anything I wanted that wasn't $20 more than I could buy at a local shop :roll:

·
Registered
14 Posts
FYI When shopping for my M&P9, Gander Mntn said they will "price match" any gun I found with a lower price than theirs. Another sporing goods store in my area had the M&P9 for $479. GM said they would match it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
AdaShooter said:
FYI When shopping for my M&P9, Gander Mntn said they will "price match" any gun I found with a lower price than theirs. Another sporing goods store in my area had the M&P9 for $479. GM said they would match it.

Thats just a BS way to have to shop, mine in Denver did the same. In fact they required it to be a local retailers price. Certainly not a reason to go out of your way to shop there! There guns & ammo prices really suck...We now have a SPortsmans w/h (best prices), Bass Pro and soon to be Cabelas's here, they better wake up, or go out of business!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are going out of business. The stock price just goes lower all the time. Seems all these big stores have awful prices. I guess they have not know of walmarts success of low prices.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Will have to wait for the going out of business sales then they will have good prices.

Went there to get some bullets to reload with. Ridiculous, I left.

·
Registered
14 Posts
mpardun said:
[quote name='AdaShooter']FYI When shopping for my M&P9, Gander Mntn said they will "price match" any gun I found with a lower price than theirs. Another sporing goods store in my area had the M&P9 for $479. GM said they would match it.

Thats just a BS way to have to shop, mine in Denver did the same. In fact they required it to be a local retailers price. Certainly not a reason to go out of your way to shop there! There guns & ammo prices really suck...We now have a SPortsmans w/h (best prices), Bass Pro and soon to be Cabelas's here, they better wake up, or go out of business![/quote]

Agreed! I purchased my NIB M&P9 Ser# MPZxxxx from a locally owned firearms store for $519. Another chain had some older ones MPJxxxx for $479. I always try to support the locals when I can! They threw in a couple hour range passes ($28 value) plus I got to try out an M&P9 before I purchased it. They are also very knowledgeable about what they sell.

One time an employee at Gander was showing me how to change the back straps on the M&P and used the magazine to "unscrew" the frame tool. My jaw dropped as I've had FTF's from bad mags in other guns I've owned.

·
Registered
176 Posts
AdaShooter said:
One time an employee at Gander was showing me how to change the back straps on the M&P and used the magazine to "unscrew" the frame tool. My jaw dropped as I've had FTF's from bad mags in other guns I've owned.

I can't stand GM either, having only found a couple deals ever there, but pressing the side of the magazine up against the flat side of a sticky M&P frame tool and using that for leverage to turn the tool is a good idea. Have seen that done before, as well as read about the technique on this site. Using the side of the mag to do this won't cause FTFs. Had the guy used the feed lips to try to turn the frame tool, that would have been a mistake.

·
Registered
14 Posts
onebohemian said:
[quote name='AdaShooter']One time an employee at Gander was showing me how to change the back straps on the M&P and used the magazine to "unscrew" the frame tool. My jaw dropped as I've had FTF's from bad mags in other guns I've owned.

I can't stand GM either, having only found a couple deals ever there, but pressing the side of the magazine up against the flat side of a sticky M&P frame tool and using that for leverage to turn the tool is a good idea. Have seen that done before, as well as read about the technique on this site. Using the side of the mag to do this won't cause FTFs. Had the guy used the feed lips to try to turn the frame tool, that would have been a mistake.[/quote]

He used the feed lips...

·
Registered
163 Posts
AdaShooter said:

I would rather give my business, and money, to the shop that offers better prices up front, without the need to negotiate. Why would you want to give your business to Gander Mountain when they tried to screw you to begin with?

·
Registered
33 Posts
GM Price Match

One in North Canton, Ohio (18 miles away)price matched an ad for me for my M&P9. Saved me driving 60 miles to Ashland (Fin Feather Fur). They just needed to see the ad and called to make sure they was in stock.

As for ammo prices, about 30% higher than Walmart!

·
Registered
297 Posts
TAC said:
[quote name='AdaShooter']FYI When shopping for my M&P9, Gander Mntn said they will "price match" any gun I found with a lower price than theirs. Another sporing goods store in my area had the M&P9 for $479. GM said they would match it.

I would rather give my business, and money, to the shop that offers better prices up front, without the need to negotiate. Why would you want to give your business to Gander Mountain when they tried to screw you to begin with?[/quote]

I bought my MP9 from Gander after having them price match a much cheaper Gun store on the other side of town that was closer to me only because I got like 300 bucks in gift card money to spend there. So needless to say that 300 bucks went towards my Mp9 with only 170 or 180 out of mine own pocket.

And they tried giving my crap about matching the price because they didnt have the gun in stock. They had some in stock but none with the IL which I wanted. After I've already ordered the gun and waited a week or however long it was they then told me that price matching was for in stock guns only, I dont remember how many managers I went through but I ended up getting the price matched, and vowed that I will never buy a gun from there again, unless I get gift cards that pay for more than half of it like this time. I told numerous people about my problems and that I didnt recommend buying from them.

A Cabelas store is suppose to open this fall right across the street from Gander, so I figure they'll either go out of business or lower prices to compete. Either way can be good to me.

·
Registered
272 Posts
soo its not just mine.They have the m&p45 for 600$!
The shop i got my 9 from had it for 500.

But my local guy isnt much better. Had the 9 for 545. I got mine for a shop an And hour and 10 mins away for 469. Buying the gun+4 boxes of ammo+gas and i still saved 20 bucks over the guy intown.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I got my First Edition Walther PPS for $650 w/o tax from Gander Mountain. The price for it wasn't THAT bad, especially considering there are only 1000 of them out there.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I too find GM ridiculously overpriced specially on ammo, but I did buy my MP9 there. I got it with 3 17rd. mags and Bladetech holster for the gun and, two magazine holster for 600. In their defense you do get a lifetime warranty on any pistol bought there, at least here in NC you do.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Around here they have more reloading stuff than Bass Pro and their prices on ammo are a bit higher, but they have more selection.

Their gun prices do seem quite high. And I can never find a person to help me when I need help.

Bass Pro near me started to stock wads and powder again, but for shot I need either Gander or a run further north to Midwestern Shooters Supply.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts