MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
KRWeiss said:
but can you recommend anyone else who does M&P trigger work near his quality?
Bowie

ToddG said:
It was Smith's way of avoiding the problems that Glock et al have had under the heat of extreme rapid fire, especially when a flashlight is mounted on the front rail.
Are you talking about the gap between the slide and frame where you can see light through or the dustcover droop thing that people keep complaining about. I think maybe there are posts in this thread in reference to both.

·
Registered
475 Posts
KRWeiss said:
Why is the M&P more accurate than most of the centerfire handguns at the range? At first I thought it was luck, because I'm by no means experienced, but other folks shoot very well with it too. My instructor is affiliated with Glock, he carries a G35 and he shoots as well or better with my M&P40.
Probably ergonomics and ease of use. It just feels so good and so right.

LOL.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'd guess that gap (or lack of nailing down the slide) is not as beneficial as it sounds. Sounds like a flawed design. If anything, that's 1/8 of an inch they could have lowered the barrel axis to improve recoil management and recovery....if the barrel could accompany the slide down that 1/8th inch.

But I can see someone coming out of a swimming pool or river and then being able to shoot because the water drained out of the action quicker...if that's the intended benefit. Cooling? I can see that as a possibility..if the action retains heat..and the magwell (loose as it is) doesn't also dissipate heat. Better than a friggen heatsink hanging off the dust cover I guess! lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it me, or is it common to see light between the slide and frame? I just saw and traded for my first M&P last night (9mm) and upon inspecting it for wear, damage, abnormalities, etc, I noticed there was light between the slide and frame in the action area when looking at the profile. No mag in. I asked the guy at the counter and the owner if that was normal and was told yes. I had no other M&P's to compare with so I believed them.

Do you M&P owners see this too? Is the frame really that far away from the frame..what appears to be around 1/16th of an inch? I'm only used to my beretta 92 which is pretty much touching with no gap.

I can see my
round and light is that normal?

Sorry i don't have pictures...the DOJ has it stored for 10 lovely days.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts