MP-Pistol Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Site Staff
2,805 Posts
I disagree with the "Get out of town" mode. In my opinion, if the economy goes bust and civil disobedience evolves it will be important to start forming alliances with your neighbors. Join with your neighbors in order to return civility to your community. Doing the old "go out in the woods and hide" will only delay the inevitable down the road. Returning civility to community, town, city, state and nation as soon as possible is very important to ones long term survival. Yes, one must accumulate tools in order to accomplish the civility mode. In the mean time, register to vote, get involved in your local government and vote in November. Have a great day.

I disagree. With the proper amount of preparation and know how. You can thake a preditermined amount of people to a preditermined place and live for a long time

·
Registered
227 Posts
I disagree. With the proper amount of preparation and know how. You can thake a preditermined amount of people to a preditermined place and live for a long time

Yes, but what type of life would it be? I agree with RedPepper2 - I'd rather take my chances fighting to keep what I have, and fixing what went wrong, than hiding out waiting for other to do that for me.

·
Site Staff
2,805 Posts
[quote name='RockBottom' date='Sep 24 2010, 02:55 PM' post='272776']

Yes, but what type of life would it be? I agree with RedPepper2 - I'd rather take my chances fighting to keep what I have, and fixing what went wrong, than hiding out waiting for other to do that for me.

[/quote

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Take my family. We have a farm (out in the woods) we stay there reguraly for a few weeks at a time. I enjoy it there more than home. We keep things there for reason listed above. We have canned food garden spring water ect. We could go there and have a pretty good life for quite sometime.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Very simple.

Shotgun goes into trunk with ammunition case, handgun on me as concealed carry and the other weapon goes with the spouse.

Don't take but 40 seconds or less to be wheels up and gone as they say.

The rest of it we will figure it out as we go along.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Shotgun goes into trunk with ammunition case... Don't take but 40 seconds or less to be wheels up and gone as they say.
Funny you should say that. I keep quite a few heavy "Tripod" bags filled with lamp stands, extension cords and a couple tripods. One of those bags has (instead of tripods) 100 ft of climbing rope, a box of rations, an AR-15 and one of our Mossy HD/Tactical shotguns, both with a generous supply of ammo.

The other day, while we were packing for a photography job at an elementary school, that bag found it's way into the van but I didn't notice it until we arrived. The decision was made to park the vehicle off campus and carry everything in. A little while later the principal (an avid hunter himself) explained that the law in Idaho wasn't written to restrict law abiding citizens from legally carrying when dropping off their kids (or equipment) but firearms do need to remain secured in a case inside a locked vehicle if left on campus. Needless to say, packing up afterwords was much easier.

·
Registered
227 Posts

[/quote

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Take my family. We have a farm (out in the woods) we stay there reguraly for a few weeks at a time. I enjoy it there more than home. We keep things there for reason listed above. We have canned food garden spring water ect. We could go there and have a pretty good life for quite sometime.

Sorry; you're correct, I didn't understand that. I was envisioning packing up for some remote mountain hideout and scavenging for food, etc. Your set-up sounds very nice actually.

·
Registered
828 Posts
We already have rations and water and etc etc etc.

It will take a few minutes to load it all.

In certain situations we may not ever be back. So. *Shrugs.

·
Registered
589 Posts

What about forced house by house evacuations? Living in the Ring of Fire I think it is a real possibility so "bugging in" might not be an option.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
"Lazy people do not prosper"...

·
Registered
135 Posts
My biggest dilemma when I can afford a $1k rifle, will be to buy a nice AK or a decent AR first. My mind changes everyday. AK for reliability, AR for range/accuracy.

Hopefully Ill have the money and made up my mind by the time the world ends.

·
Registered
828 Posts
It's not much of a Dilemma for me because in a recent thread I asked about the ACOG and best uses for it. Now I will just find a firearm to suit.

It will be a while. The world will be around a bit longer than any of us.

·
Registered
589 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
My biggest dilemma when I can afford a $1k rifle, will be to buy a nice AK or a decent AR first. My mind changes everyday. AK for reliability, AR for range/accuracy.

Hopefully Ill have the money and made up my mind by the time the world ends.

Nater- My personal opinion is ¨one of each¨, however I understand this is not realistic for everyone. I have decided to make the AR my primary long gun platform and all of my non-pistol training has revolved around it. I plan to do some course work with the AK, but that´s down the road. Find a platform you can operate well and stick with it until you´re proficient.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think some of you underestimate carrying all this stuff is not very conducive to a quick & quiet escape. Also, I have seen many of the people that talk highly of themselves and their ability to bug out and honestly the physical condition these guys are in will be the biggest liability to them. Water, bullets, food and weapons get heavy real quick and you will never be able to carry enough if it gets that bad. For those that live in cities, driving will almost be impossible if you don't happen to leave before the said disaster.

·
Registered
168 Posts
living in a big city, bugging out for me is not practical. it's just not going to happen. as such, even the idea of a mid to long range rifle, like an ak or ar - i just don't see the need. so i'm going to pick off people from my roof or something? i just can't imagine any scenario. i'm going with multiple shot guns. i want to see the whites of their eyes. i want to be sure if i'm shooting friend or foe.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Everyone one is making this so complex i would just have one of these boxes laying around for JIC situations. I Just got rid of my rifle so i scraped the idea of keeping one of these pelicans in my trunk at all times. Instead i'm just going to go with a bug out bag with a 637 j frame back up gun and extra m&p mags with a couple other goodies. I plan on actually packing stuff that you would use in the real world not water putrefaction tablets and 10 feet of bunge cord! I know everyone builds there bags and kits according to there needs but i see it over and over useless stuff. I mean having all this stuff laying around is bound to get you in trouble unless you have it stashed away but then what good is it. Best part is if your active duty you are a walking Get Out Of Anything plan!

Another good load out is Main rifle up back up SMG along with a good sidearm

[

Fitted Pelican Case With Desirable Guns In There. Here Is What You Get: Colt 6921 5.56mm SBR All Factory, An Advanced Armament Co M4-2000 5.56mm Suppressor, An SWR Trident 9mm Modular Suppressor, A Sig Sauer P226 Combat In 9mm, A Surefire X200 Weapons Flashlight, Quad Rail, Tango Down Throw Lever Quick Detach Battle Grip, Arms #40 BUIS, Surefire 6P Handheld Flashlight, Microtech Curahee Fixed Blade Knife With Sheath, Trijicon ACOG NSN, 4 Spare 123 Batteries For The 6P, 3 HK High Reliability Maritime 5.56mm 30 Round Magazines, 2 Spare Sig Sauer P226 9mm 15 Round Magazines.

This one is even better for a couple!

This Kit Is An "Al You Ever Need" Kit. It Comes With The New FN SCAr Both In 7.62x51 And 5.56mm. Both In Desert Tan.. Also Included Is The Fn USG Tactical Pistol In 45 Acp Complete With Silencerco Osprey In Flat Dark Earth. The 5.56mm Has The Trijicon ECOS-RMR Mounted On It.

They even have the Lone Wolf Kit!

21 - 40 of 54 Posts