MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I decided to go get a M&P rifle.

I'm going to get the MP15T because it already has the mounts all over it.

I was quoted a price of $1175 and I saw this gun today at Gander Mt. for $1999.00

So I think I'm getting a pretty good deal from the S&W wholesaler. I was wondering

if you current MP rifle owners could confirm my suspicions that the 15T is for the right

price and a good choice.

Also if any of you have any good links to after market mods for the AR stlye gun

I would appreciate if you would post them so I could take a look at them, thx.

·
Registered
910 Posts
www.gandrtactical.com

www.jtacsupply.com

www.rainierarms.com

www.gearsector.com

www.bravocompanyusa.com

www.laruetactical.com

www.kisermunitions.com

www.pkfirearms.com

www.commandarms.com

Just a few of the endless companies that deal in AR accessories/products that I've had the pleasure of doing business with. Some truly cool stuff out there. Check out ar15.com if you haven't already - that place is like a 2nd home for me.

Budsgunshop.com has M&P15T's listed for $1,217.47 delivered so if you got a quote for a grand I'd say hell yeah that's a great price - just make sure it's the M&P15T and not the A or base model.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Thats a great price, we want pics when you bring it home... :wink:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Morgan Walker said:
Thats a great price, we want pics when you bring it home... :wink:

Well the $1075 dollar quote turned into $1175 actual price.

Still a good deal imo. 8)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Vedddddyyy Niiiiiiice

I'm torn between getting a 15T, having a dissapator style upper built, or waiting to see if the Magpul Mosada actually makes it to market.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Make sure you take the folding sights off and put blue Loc-Tite on the sight base screws. S&W is not doing that at the factory and I have seem them fall off on several occasions.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
That's a great idea, but I would replace the front site post entirely with a Hi-Viz, IMO...

·
Registered
326 Posts
So, $1175, less your standing credit?

Sounds like a good deal to me... I may have seen it on this board, but didn't G&R Tactical have M&P15T's for $1200? Hope things work out for ya!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The place I buy from is a S&W wholesaler. I got an MP45 from them for $477 after tax.

The 15T is 1222 I should have mentioned I had a little "store credit" so thats how I figured the price.

But there prices are for everyone (Not that I'm not special) but I don't have a secret hook up.

Well I guess kinda.. I do. 8)

Thx for the info on the flip up sights. I intend on MODing the hell out of this gun.

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you're going to run this gun hard or possibly use it to protect life or limb you should 'dimple' the barrel for one of the set screws on the gas block. I've repaired more than 20 of these now (Tactical models only) where the gas block moved and caused the rifle to quite working.

The symptoms are typical of not enough gas:

Stops locking the bolt back when it runs empty, then gets to the point where it'll eject the empty but fails to pick up the next round.

Robb

·
Registered
326 Posts
gotm4 said:
If you're going to run this gun hard or possibly use it to protect life or limb you should 'dimple' the barrel for one of the set screws on the gas block. I've repaired more than 20 of these now (Tactical models only) where the gas block moved and caused the rifle to quite working.

Stops locking the bolt back when it runs empty, then gets to the point where it'll eject the empty but fails to pick up the next round.

Robb

Would you have any such suggestions for the M&P15A?

·
Registered
298 Posts
czydj said:

If yours doesn't have the newer LMT bolt carrier, have or stake the carrier key better. They too (the older CMT ones) will shoot loose if not staked correctly.

·
Registered
326 Posts
gotm4 said:
[quote name='czydj']

If yours doesn't have the newer LMT bolt carrier, have or stake the carrier key better. They too (the older CMT ones) will shoot loose if not staked correctly.[/quote]

Thanks, it's staked just like the pictures of the best ones on here and on m4carbine. My apologies for thread-jacking, carry on!

·
Registered
100 Posts
sof said:
Hey guys I decided to go get a M&P rifle.

I'm going to get the MP15T because it already has the mounts all over it.

I was quoted a price of $1175 and I saw this gun today at Gander Mt. for $1999.00

I saw that too, I didnt look carefully, but mention to the rep at the counter, he said it was a different cal. not 223/556 (i didnt reallly believe him but i never checked it out). Just something interesting though

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gotm4 said:

Robb
Warning: Mr M4, you just engaged in a convo with a complete nooB.

It's true.. I essentially am getting a gun I know nothing about. I have opened a box of 223

ammo looked at the rounds, seen lots of AR pics and I think they look cool. I know its a

semi auto rifle and expensive to MOD. Thats pretty much where my knowledge falls off.

The issue you pointed out concerns me. Idk if I can "dimple" my own barrel and if I shouldn't

attempt such a thing is it costly to do? I definitely want a very reliable weapon.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Brother dont sweat the small stuff, these are made for out of the box accuracy. I and several of my friends have M&P AR's and neither of us have done this modification and have had flawless performance. So, dont worry about this at this point of your AR knowledge, enjoy, shoot frequently and be safe...

:wink:

·
Registered
298 Posts
sof said:
Warning: Mr M4, you just engaged in a convo with a complete nooB.

It's true.. I essentially am getting a gun I know nothing about. I have opened a box of 223

ammo looked at the rounds, seen lots of AR pics and I think they look cool. I know its a

semi auto rifle and expensive to MOD. Thats pretty much where my knowledge falls off.

The issue you pointed out concerns me. Idk if I can "dimple" my own barrel and if I shouldn't

attempt such a thing is it costly to do? I definitely want a very reliable weapon.

It's easy to do with a drill press. You just want to drill about 1/32" into the barrel so that some of the screw is below the surface of the barrel (so the gas block can't slide forward). I do the rear screw and the red loc-tite both screws.

You can also send it out to places like ADCO or AR15Barrels for pinning. Pinning is the best method. But you'll have to send them your entire upper.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts