MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I'm going to be trading my G23 for an M&P. I figure if anything it will compliment my M&P rifle

Thing is, for the last couple of years I have had .40's, .45's and .357 SIGs. But after spending some time at my friends gun shop today, and shooting the 40c and 9c, I really liked the 9, and shot better with it. I've only had one 9mm, and that was my die hard, eat anything Ruger P93. Just seems weird moving back down in caliber after carrying the others for all this time. Can you guys add anything here to help me decide ? I would definetly prefer the 40c over a G27, but how do you decide between the two M&P's ? Ofcourse I want a 357c, but people in hell want ice water too...lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
I decided very easily!the store only had the 9C. But i want the 40C next! plus i already had the cleaning brush's and ammo for a 9mm (G19) might be going tomorow for a good deal on a G23 with NS unless i find the 40C. hard to go down once you go up! I love the 9mm because it's cheap to shoot!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the dealer wasnt a good friend, I wouldnt be trading down (in price I mean). My G23 has four hi caps, night sights and a GTL10 light. But he's gave me several good trades that went more in my favor, so its all good.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Tang... your enthusiasm is nice, but if I might offer a suggestion... keep your 23... you may very well regret selling it. Your M&P may turn out to be trouble free for the long haul, but don't be surprised if you find it doesn't have quite the reliability you might have hoped for... it may, but then again, it may not. Give it at least 1500 rounds before you decide to give up another, already proven, pistol for it. I say this as one who bought a G23 AFTER I bought my M&P 40C, which I was wildly enthusiastic for during the first 400-500 rounds or so.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well my big reason, was for better concealability. Im a slender guy, so its not always easy to hide my 23. I was a little nervous about the M&P's anyway, I may just go with a Glock 33. I do love a nice .357 SIG
A family member is wanting to buy my G23, and Id hate to back out on him though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the same problem CC my G19 so i bought the 9C but i just dont have the trust i do with my G19 so i bought a G23 Saturday(want to go to the 40). Still same issue as the G19 but until i get 100% confidence in my 9C im on hold for the 40C and will stick with the G23 for now.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Tang... I'm a slim guy myself and have no problem at all concealing my 19 or my 23 IWB at 4 o'clock. If you lay a Glock 19 or 23 on top of an M&P Compact with the finger extension mag, the difference is so negligible as to be a wash... honestly, if you can't conceal a 23, concealing a M&P Compact won't be much easier, really. Even compared to the M&P with the flat mag floorplate, the difference between a G23 and an M&P Compact is very little, really.... not enough to make a significant difference. And note that your G23 holds 14 rounds whereas the M&P 40 Compact holds 11. I love the feel in the hand of my M&P Compact, but gotta give it to my Glock 23 when the chips are down.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had a total of 9 Glocks (I think thats what it was when I added it up). So I definetly trust them with my life, with not a second thought. My favorite being an OD Green G30, I wish I had never gotten rid of. The M&P does have the advantage of a better feeling/fitting grip. But now after posting here, I'm not so sure Im ready to give my Glock up yet.

Thanks for the advice guys, and I appreciate the honesty on not trusting your M&P's fully.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The M&P is a great platform with even better potential. Once its QC issues are worked out, I suspect that they will equal or surpass Glocks & Sigs in reliability...but until then you have to figure out if your particular pistol fits the bill to replace your "guaranteed" defense gun(s).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts