MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Has he just committed a misdemeanor and admittedly so via you-tube?... Firing a handgun within city limits I would think is punishable offense. I am sure someone he can back that up, besides being a stupid act, what did that really prove?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
publicity is publicity bad or good and anyone with any knowledge on firearms might see this idiot rambling and say hey maybe the m&p is a better option

·
Registered
498 Posts
So he can fire a Glock modified for firing underwater, underwater. I'm sooooo impressed. :roll:

Here's what glock says about pistols firing underwater. I especially love the first line, and the line about the meritime cups this guy in the video is using.

http://glockfaq.com/generalinfo.htm#h2o

"Just about any handgun will fire underwater -- at least once. :) However, firing underwater is NOT recommended because it can have devastating effects on the pistol and the shooter -- a potentially dangerous activity that should only be utilized by trained personnel wearing proper equipment for protection against potential pressure wave effects of underwater detonation."

"Although you may install the maritime spring cups on any Glock model, *only* the Glock 17 was designed and intended to use the modified spring cups for aquatic firing -- and only then using 9mm ball ammunition to remain within acceptable pressure limits."

·
Registered
115 Posts
jediihaf said:
So he can fire a Glock modified for firing underwater, underwater. I'm sooooo impressed. :roll:

Here's what glock says about pistols firing underwater. I especially love the first line, and the line about the meritime cups this guy in the video is using.

http://glockfaq.com/generalinfo.htm#h2o

"Just about any handgun will fire underwater -- at least once. :) However, firing underwater is NOT recommended because it can have devastating effects on the pistol and the shooter -- a potentially dangerous activity that should only be utilized by trained personnel wearing proper equipment for protection against potential pressure wave effects of underwater detonation."

"Although you may install the maritime spring cups on any Glock model, *only* the Glock 17 was designed and intended to use the modified spring cups for aquatic firing -- and only then using 9mm ball ammunition to remain within acceptable pressure limits."

Nice link. Now he's an even bigger idiot then I thought.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hahaha. One of the comments was, "its his recycle bin". Ummm....the city owns those things and he pays utilities to use them. So if he's shooting city property and damages it, what would happen? I can only imagine what stupid excuse he'll come up with. Shooting up city property and within city limits. What offenses are those? Responsible gun (Glock) owner? I think NOT!

·
Registered
52 Posts
this guy posted on glock talk and really dogs the M&P heres what mr Quail Fat had to say in a post on his thread. http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=724679

quote:Originally posted by BuckyP

What makes you so sure the M&P won't do that?

The M&P can't do it, simply because there are no 33rd magazines for it. And if there were 33rd magazines available, the M&P still wouldn't do it because it is a 2nd rate handgun.

I'll say the M&P can't do it, until proven otherwise.

Yes this is a challenge for an M&P owner.

M&P owner, go ahead and try it and see if yer gun explodes and turns yer fingers into hamburger.. or not..

Smith and Wesson, is your M&P capable to reliably functioning underwater?

Why is underwater reliability important? Because if I walk along the edge of a creek in SE Oklahoma, and an alligator grabs my leg and pulls me underwater, I want a gun that will go "blam blam blam blam blam blam blam etc.." Not a gun that will go "bla...Boooomph..(blow up in hand)..

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
wow after 3 pages of that i now know I WILL NEVER OWN A GLOCK!!! no problems with the gun never owned or shot. but those conceited bastards. its like they own 125,000 dollar boats its a friggin 400 dollar gun step off the high horse and welcome some competition

·
Registered
708 Posts
just like the other idiots who post their crimes on the internet. Anyone that cares to trace his IP and find that idiots address can submit video evidence to the police...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Stupid people like him should not be allowed to own a firearm.

Shooting into a trash can in city limits with only a foot of dirt/mud as your back stop. It would have been funny if he got caught.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Heh, I wonder if that number showing on the can is the serial number for the city's recyling contianer.

I know they do that in several municipalities aorund here to deal with theft and to make sure nobody is borrowing nayone elses to get extra disposal without paying tha dditional fees.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
on glocktalk he actually refers to his neighbors as illegals or white trash but with that setup i now see why he lives in that neighborhood i say someone on the glocktalk forum post this link on that thread now that would be something funny

·
Registered
937 Posts
I love his comment that the M&P can't do it because there are no 33rnd mags for it. Personally, I like knowing I can hit what I'm aiming at without having to use 33 rounds. Is there really any practical reasoning behind the 33 round mag, besides being a feed trough for the Glock 18.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I couldn't give two sh**s less if my M&P's fired under water, under piss, under coagulated Cambodian breast milk, or in a pool full of jello and salmon sperm. I bought them for self defense in the real world for a likely occurance - not for self defense against those deadly Oklahoma 'gators - which could be avoided by not walking an inch from the water's edge that's infested by alligators.

That guy is a typical glocklover who hates on everything else. Glock's are superior to everything and are made by the hand of God - everyone knows this. :roll: I mean you have to believe something when you own and love 2x4's that are painted black and shoot bullets.

On a side note: I enjoy my wife's P22 more than my G19 - and I seriously dislike P22's. I fired two mags thru my brand new G19 before I decided I want to sell it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
darklyte24 said:
just like the other idiots who post their crimes on the internet. Anyone that cares to trace his IP and find that idiots address can submit video evidence to the police...

Now we're thinking on the same track. How about the LEO guys? What do they think about this?

oooops.........did I say that out loud?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Obviously its illegal to do that in his city limits, but they recently tried to pass a bill in Indianapolis to ban gun fire, whether it was celebratory or something else, inside the city. It got shot down and wasn’t passed, but its not like everyone in the city goes out and shoots in the air or in a unsafe manner. And if they do then they are probably wanted by the police already.

josh said:
I couldn't give two sh**s less if my M&P's fired under water, under piss, under coagulated Cambodian breast milk, or in a pool full of jello and salmon sperm. I bought them for self defense in the real world for a likely occurance - not for self defense against those deadly Oklahoma 'gators - which could be avoided by not walking an inch from the water's edge that's infested by alligators.

That guy is a typical glocklover who hates on everything else. Glock's are superior to everything and are made by the hand of God - everyone knows this. I mean you have to believe something when you own and love 2x4's that are painted black and shoot bullets.

I agree. While the chances of me even having to defend myself with a gun is small, its a way smaller chance that I’ll ever need it underwater. And not only that, shooting underwater doesnt do much good unless you’re at point blank range. The resistance from the water will stop the bullet within a few feet.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts