MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After joining the following that the Smith and Wesson M&P has seemed to develop, I have to admit that I was caught up in it. Then it happened.. 2 days ago I come into work and there sits a Glock 31C ready to be put into the display case. To bad it didnt make it there... for some reason this Glock caught my eye. Being a .357 Sig, and compensated, I figured it would be great for my first Glock. I think I made the right decision. Ive found the M&P with the large backstrap the most comfortable to hold seeing that I have big bear paw hands. But after throwing on a Hogue grip to beef up the frame a bit, Ive come to enjoy how the 31C feels in my hands.

Now, not being my primary gun that I am training with for competitions and such (In Canada, we cant carry guns like you Americans) I quite enjoy the compensator. The gun does get quite dirty but letting those .357s fly with a big blast of dragons breath definitely makes me smile. And damn, those rounds are moving like a bat out of hell. Adding this gun to my collection opened my eyes up to the Glocks and although I'm always gonna like my M&P more, I would encourage anyone to try out a Glock, whether you are on the bandwagon or not....

·
Registered
434 Posts
i just wonder why 1911 is not included in your menu being a RO...i guess you like tupperware so much ha:roll:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh, ya, ill admit, Id rather own the polymers but I do have my I on a certain STI Spartan that I will be picking up in the New Year. Im not really into spending ALOT of money on each particular gun, but for being assembled in the Phillipines, those Spartans are a very nice unit. Maybe some custom paint on the grips and slide, we will see what happens. But it will join the collection soon enough. At the range we are shooting alot of Para's and STI's but I cant justify spending 1400-2000 dollars on one gun (Say and STI Edge or a Para Night-tac). Oh well, we will see what the future holds....

·
Registered
9 Posts
GLOCKs are really good guns as you have found out. It seems to me that people either love 'em or hate 'em, no fence setters with a GLOCK.

I have several GLOCKs in every caliber they offer but my new M&P is just as good. I like both pistols for different reasons.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Calculated said:
GLOCKs are really good guns as you have found out. It seems to me that people either love 'em or hate 'em, no fence setters with a GLOCK.

I have several GLOCKs in every caliber they offer but my new M&P is just as good. I like both pistols for different reasons.

I agree. With glock, its a love or hate relationship. To be honest, I really only bought the Glock because it seemed like a "rarer" model. The .357 Compensated wasnt your normal Glock 17 or 22. So far I quite enjoy it, seems to be kick at the range when the dragons breath comes out each shot.

·
Registered
308 Posts
loloy said:
i just wonder why 1911 is not included in your menu being a RO...i guess you like tupperware so much ha :roll:

Fixed it for ya... :wink:

Glocks are fine as far as I am concerned, just like my M&P 45 better.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Puuduu on the 357-cal Glocks.

Even Glock doesn't have as much faith in them as their other guns, offering half the service life warranty to law enforcement agencies. It's also worth noting that the only two decent sized LE agencies I know that issued them (NMSP and NJ Fish & Wildlife) both got rid of them after suffering through various problems.

I love the cartridge, but it's murder on guns. 9x19 ftw!

·
Registered
58 Posts
ToddG said:
Puuduu on the 357-cal Glocks.

Even Glock doesn't have as much faith in them as their other guns, offering half the service life warranty to law enforcement agencies. It's also worth noting that the only two decent sized LE agencies I know that issued them (NMSP and NJ Fish & Wildlife) both got rid of them after suffering through various problems.

I love the cartridge, but it's murder on guns. 9x19 ftw!

I agree. I have never shot a 357 auto glock but I must admit I don't think it offers much more than the other autos. I like my 229 in 40 and I have shot a 229 in 357. I could only imagine how much pop a polymer 357 auto would be. IMHO glocks are great guns but my M&P feels better than my G19. And my G19 is the first and only Glock I intend to own. It is just that good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts