MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna be in Richardson Texas this coming week for a school. Any good gun shops around there (or any other cool places?)? Any member from around that area, can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

·
Registered
288 Posts
DFW Gun Range, in Dallas, on Mockingbird Lane near Love Field Airport has a nice selection, and they rent several different models of handguns (as well as a full-auto UZI) for use on their range. You can read about them at: DFW Gun Range

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How far away is that from where I'm gonna be? I get out og class @ 4:30 and I'll be there M_F. What time do they close?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Gunner68 said:
How far away is that from where I'm gonna be?
Not sure exactly where you are going to be, but Google Maps shows "1607 West Mockingbird Lane, Dallas, TX" to be about 14 miles from the center-ish of Richardson. They stay open till 9 each night.

As bigkracka mentioned, I hear Bachman Pawn and Gun is another good option, but I have never been personally. They also advertise a two-page spread in Shotgun News approximately once a month. Oddly enough, though, they don't seem to have a website. :?

Just about 7 miles straight north of Richardson, in Plano, there is The Bullet Trap. I've never been there either but looks like a good place from their website. They also offer a wide selection of range rentals.

The Bass Pro Shop, in Grapevine, immediately north of DFW airport, has a nice, but small, range as well. No rentals, though, but range time is only $8 an hour.

Oh, and while you're here, might as well go to Dealey Plaza -- maybe even park and go stand on The Grassy Knoll.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts