MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of a good source for used (once shot) brass? Prices on eBay are all over the board from $30 per thousand to 40+ per thousand. It gets worse as quanities go up! 2500 pieces for $72 + shipping!

I realize that brass is tied into the commodities market but what is a fair price for 1000 rounds of used brass?

Are there better deals at a gun show or do the brass hucksters bend you over a barrel too? I believe there is a show in my area in mid-April.

My son found receipts from 2001 from brassman.com....$15.00/thousand. He bought 4K with $15 shipping - $75.00 total

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just got 2000 pieces of .40 fired once / mixed HS on ebay for $41 / $49.60 delevered.

The guy has not posted anything for the past couple of weeks. Probably a range rat making a few bucks.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I thought hqbrass prices were insane when they jumped from $42 for 2000 shipped to $70, but It seems the going minmum rate I have found is about $28-30 + s/h per thousand.

Locally, you can get scrap prices in the neighborhood of $2.50 per lb.

Best prices are finding local hoarders who just aren't going to take the plunge into reloading. I've pretty much told everyone I shoot with who doesn't reload that I'll give them $25 per 1k pieces of 40 whenever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts