MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Opticsplanet has some on backorder. I just placed an order for some 9mm for 37 cents (40 after taxes) with free shipping. (200 count).

They said it will ship within 24-30 days.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Opticsplanet has some on backorder. I just placed an order for some 9mm for 37 cents (40 after taxes) with free shipping. (200 count).

They said it will ship within 24-30 days.
I did order some but now the estimated ship date is 12/21. I am not really upset with that. It's paid for and come the end of december., it will be nice to get a box of ammo. Sort of a Christmas present to myself.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Good luck. I think perhaps I'm getting one of my back orders for .380 from July.......from Sportsman's Guide. No tracking information as of yet, so not sure if it is actually going to come or not. We are all playing the waiting game.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Good luck. I think perhaps I'm getting one of my back orders for .380 from July.......from Sportsman's Guide. No tracking information as of yet, so not sure if it is actually going to come or not. We are all playing the waiting game.
Have they charged you yet?
I've always received accurate tracking info from sportsman's guide, I hope that doesn't change.
I have several cases on back order from them to replenish what I shot this year, so I'm waiting like everyone else.

They said expected due date was the first week of November for what I ordered.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Have they charged you yet?
I've always received accurate tracking info from sportsman's guide, I hope that doesn't change.
I have several cases on back order from them to replenish what I shot this year, so I'm waiting like everyone else.

They said expected due date was the first week of November for what I ordered.
YES they did charge me. In fact that is the only way I knew I was getting the ammo, when I got the alert from my credit card company. Their formerly good notification system has been broken for some time.

I had another back order for this same ammo and received an email asking if I would accept a new back order date. I immediately replied in the affirmative and was taken to a page on their web site thanking me. Then, a couple weeks later, as I was checking all my orders on their web site this one was marked CANCELLED! I was more than mildly upset. So I got on the phone, and the guy said he couldn't change the fact that their system is broken. I made him check on two other orders and personally put into the system that I did accept the new back order date, because they hadn't logged that I sent the acceptance for those either!

In the meantime, I had a small back order for some Eley .22lr and they shipped it out ahead of the projected date but the first I knew it was coming was when it appeared at my door. No notice. No tracking number. Nada.

And that is why I check my orders on their web site at least twice a week. I do not trust them anymore. I did send an email today asking why I got charged for this latest case of ammo that has been on back order, and there is a tracking number on their web site, but the package has not moved out of their warehouse in over 2 days from when they charged me for it.

I don't think I will pay for the yearly membership again his year.

·
Registered
445 Posts
YES they did charge me. In fact that is the only way I knew I was getting the ammo, when I got the alert from my credit card company. Their formerly good notification system has been broken for some time.

I had another back order for this same ammo and received an email asking if I would accept a new back order date. I immediately replied in the affirmative and was taken to a page on their web site thanking me. Then, a couple weeks later, as I was checking all my orders on their web site this one was marked CANCELLED! I was more than mildly upset. So I got on the phone, and the guy said he couldn't change the fact that their system is broken. I made him check on two other orders and personally put into the system that I did accept the new back order date, because they hadn't logged that I sent the acceptance for those either!

In the meantime, I had a small back order for some Eley .22lr and they shipped it out ahead of the projected date but the first I knew it was coming was when it appeared at my door. No notice. No tracking number. Nada.

And that is why I check my orders on their web site at least twice a week. I do not trust them anymore. I did send an email today asking why I got charged for this latest case of ammo that has been on back order, and there is a tracking number on their web site, but the package has not moved out of their warehouse in over 2 days from when they charged me for it.

Wow, thanks for the info. I've had decent luck with them this far, I'm in the second year of membership, but if what you're describing is their new way of doing things, I'll drop them also.
Hopefully they get you squared away quickly, I hate to read about businesses making things difficult for people.

I hope what I have on back order doesn't get canceled.

ETA: I just checked the credit card and it hasn't been charged yet and also checked the order page on SG and it still says back order. I guess I will find out in about two weeks when the expected due date arrives to see what happens. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, thanks for the info. I've had decent luck with them this far, I'm in the second year of membership, but if what you're describing is their new way of doing things, I'll drop them also.
Hopefully they get you squared away quickly, I hate to read about businesses making things difficult for people.

I hope what I have on back order doesn't get canceled.

ETA: I just checked the credit card and it hasn't been charged yet and also checked the order page on SG and it still says back order. I guess I will find out in about two weeks when the expected due date arrives to see what happens. Fingers crossed.
If I knew I'd have this hard a time getting ammo a month ago (didnt do enough research) when I bought my first firearm (m&p9 m2.0), I would have went right to the .40. Which is what I bought this week. At least I can get ammo at my local shop.

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Hey Granny:

I just noticed your new signature line!

I do not shoot with my hand; he who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I shoot with my mind.”

I like it, and think it goes along with mine pretty well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Love it!!
Cant wait ti shoot my .40. But gotta wait until xmas 😭

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wait...Rick....that's my signature ....
My absolute favorite book/series ever

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Wait...Rick....that's my signature ....
My absolute favorite book/series ever
Sorry about that, Sir!

I think it’s great. I’ve spent a good deal of time and training to develop the proprioception to achieve unconscious competence shooting pistols. So your quote really spoke to me...

·
Registered
445 Posts

You were right, I have 4 cases on back order (4 separate orders) today I received 3 email saying rather than Nov 3rd it will now be Dec 30 on one and Jan 3 for the other two.

My my membership there expires at the end of Nov, so if I don't renew will they just cancel the orders? That would be bad for me if they did, because the cost they are back ordered at is about half the current "going rate".

·
Registered
109 Posts
You were right, I have 4 cases on back order (4 separate orders) today I received 3 email saying rather than Nov 3rd it will now be Dec 30 on one and Jan 3 for the other two.

My my membership there expires at the end of Nov, so if I don't renew will they just cancel the orders? That would be bad for me if they did, because the cost they are back ordered at is about half the current "going rate".
You might phone them and ask that question. I feel sorry for the customer service employees because they are taking the brunt of the frustration of all of us out here. I wonder how long the on line ammo companies are going to be able to stay in business with nothing to sell. And isn't THAT a wonderful plan if you are a democrat politician?

When a member on another forum writes to say he can get unlimited cases of Winchester White Box in 9mm in Sweden for less than 30 cents per round -- well, join me in wondering how legitimate this shortage really is.

I just got 2 emails from Sportsman Guide for my remaining two orders of 380 with yet another back order date another month out - Nov 30 it is now. I WILL phone them this time to "accept" the new date so they don't cancel me like they did the other time I accepted the back order date using their on line system.

My friends were so looking forward to getting this ammo at the old price - or at least something close to it. And as I was writing this, two more emails came in with the end of January as projected dates for the smaller orders of Eley that I have with them. So it seems that SG is useless for a source of ammo for now and in the foreseeable future. I WILL keep accepting their back order dates, though.

Right now I'm sort of glad that I got a case of .380 for 70.7 cents per round a few weeks ago, so I have some to share with my two shooting buddies. It is painful, but it is important to all 3 of us to keep shooting together regularly, as we concentrate on skill building and NO MORE full magazine AMMO DUMPS for fun. Goodbye to hanging plastic bottle fun!

·
Registered
445 Posts
You might phone them and ask that question. I feel sorry for the customer service employees because they are taking the brunt of the frustration of all of us out here. I wonder how long the on line ammo companies are going to be able to stay in business with nothing to sell. And isn't THAT a wonderful plan if you are a democrat politician?

When a member on another forum writes to say he can get unlimited cases of Winchester White Box in 9mm in Sweden for less than 30 cents per round -- well, join me in wondering how legitimate this shortage really is.

I just got 2 emails from Sportsman Guide for my remaining two orders of 380 with yet another back order date another month out - Nov 30 it is now. I WILL phone them this time to "accept" the new date so they don't cancel me like they did the other time I accepted the back order date using their on line system.

My friends were so looking forward to getting this ammo at the old price - or at least something close to it. And as I was writing this, two more emails came in with the end of January as projected dates for the smaller orders of Eley that I have with them. So it seems that SG is useless for a source of ammo for now and in the foreseeable future. I WILL keep accepting their back order dates, though.

Right now I'm sort of glad that I got a case of .380 for 70.7 cents per round a few weeks ago, so I have some to share with my two shooting buddies. It is painful, but it is important to all 3 of us to keep shooting together regularly, as we concentrate on skill building and NO MORE full magazine AMMO DUMPS for fun. Goodbye to hanging plastic bottle fun!
I'll try calling them tomorrow to make sure they don't cancel, that us a good idea, Thank you.

I have a bunch if handgun ammo but am getting lite on rifle ammo, the 4 cases I have with them are all rifle.
I grabbed as many cases as I could find of 9mm in early march because the writing was on the wall, we only used 4 of them this year so I'll be Ok for a while on that, but by the end of winter I won't be able to compete on the rifle side (which I don't mind so much as winters are cold here, lol).
I saw that thread of the guy saying he could get the 124gr for cheap prices. I looked into buying a bunch but my understanding is customs won't let it through for Joe public.

I know Aero Precision (AR-15 manufacturer) was only working 1/2 day shifts a couple days a week. They are on the west coast and blamed local laws (lockdowns) on that. I waited 4.5 months for a handguard earlier this year so ammo isn't the only thing with shortages.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I stocked up on factory ammo and reloading components before the odumbo years, and during opportune times during and since. Actually quite a bit before, when it was cheaper to buy 9mm and .45 acp at wally world than you could reload it.

The 9mm, .45 acp, .38 spl, 12 gauge, and 5.56 is about two feet deep in my walk in closet; with .22 LR going up about three feet high along one wall. More ammo and reloading components have filled up the closets and a storeroom at our other place next door.

So, I figure that at my current weekly shooting rate; I’ll be OK until about 10 years after I’m dead and gone! :ROFLMAO:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts