MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
only $1225 for it. It looks to be in excellent condition, especially for a 22 year old bike! sounds great!

I have money left for mutt parts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Looks very nice machgt!! I have a 78 Yamaha XS759 Special. Sure does better on gas than the truck!!

Enjoy and ride safe. There are A LOT of idiots in cages out there!!

Ron

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congrats!

Looks like a good buy. Doesn't look like it has been dropped and is clean.

I bought a new Harley last year and have saved lots of money on gas since. If gas goes to $4/gal I most likely will even ride it in the rain. There is something tranquilizing about that ride to and from work. Gives you time to reflect on the day and enjoy nature on your own for a short while.

Enjoy the ride!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I figure I'll have to be much more aware! But I'm really looking forward to it. I'm taking a class this weekend

·
Registered
22 Posts
Smart Move

Taking the MSF class is the best thing you can do. Within one week of my taking the class, it saved my life twice. Once when a guy on a cell phone ran a red light and I had to make an emergency stop during a turn. Then once when I was scanning the road ahead and saw a guy speeding on a side street with no intention of yieding to me so I was able to react and take me out of the situation.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Smart Move

alsipd3917 said:
Taking the MSF class is the best thing you can do. Within one week of my taking the class, it saved my life twice. Once when a guy on a cell phone ran a red light and I had to make an emergency stop during a turn. Then once when I was scanning the road ahead and saw a guy speeding on a side street with no intention of yieding to me so I was able to react and take me out of the situation.

That is the class I'm taking this weekend

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good looking bike - it's had some serious TLC. I hope you don't mind some unsolicited advice from an experienced old timer with lots of two wheel miles.

After you take your MSF course, put about a thousand more miles on your bike and enroll in the Advanced Motorcycle Training Course. The action is stepped up a bit, but more importantly, you'll be on your bike - not their Nighthawk or whatever trainer they use.

And, when the temptation is great to remove your rider protection gear, because it is "too hot" - think about how hot those bandages will be that cover your skin grafts.... and they can't be removed for a long - long time.

Ride Safe. There is nothing "instinctive or intutive" about bikes. Learn their limitations, and learn to read the traffic around you. Riding is so satisfying that you don't want to make a mistake that would prevent you from being able to ride in the future.

After you have become proficient and have developed your riding skills - you can safely bite off a little more. I ride a K1200S. I completed ride from Mexico to Canada on mine in 23 hr. 30 minutes. There's a thrill.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
congrats

Looks like a real nice bike.. I used to ride dirtbike I miss it, but my stepdad almost died when a deer jumped out of the woods and it was very ugly the only reason he survived was his helmet he used to rebuild gold wings but after that he lost interest. We also have a friend of the family who got paralyzed from a similar accident those deer in MN man they are crazy that is what keeps me away... Enjoy it and ride for me bro...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Very nice bike and in great condition. Enjoy!

I always wanted one (my brother had a Gold Wing) but my better half does not want me to buy or ride one; she has no problem with guns though so I'm not arguing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts