MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a few friends over and we got the engine out today. I've pulled some other items off of the engine but need to get the crankshaft pulley but I think I'll need an impact wrench for that cuz it just turns the crankshaft when I try to loosen it.... I should have done that before I pulled the belt off!

Here's one ugly hampster!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Damn, that thing is a monster.

Just make sure you dont have any more than a small coffee can's worth of parts when you put it back together. Anymore than that and you are in trouble. :wink:

·
Registered
512 Posts
I would have guessed much bigger. Looks good.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should set it beside the car, that perspective makes the engine look huge! It was a few feet in front of the car

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had around 414 rwhp and 384 rear wheel torque before the engine decided to not work right anymore.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I knew rightaway that its 4.6SOHC when I looked at first pic....

These 4.6 can be monstor IF you don't snap crank and rod, Oh and prevent Piston from melting down(humm thats pretty much the entire internal isn't it?)

What you doing to it?

Here is pic of my pig...

My driver side front wheel bearing is going. I got to fix it, but I can't stop spending money on ammo...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
shortblock capable of around 900 hp for the headroom. probably going to stick with the 4.6 but I've been toying with the idea of stroking/boring to 5.0

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just found a 427 Ford in a junkyard, and got it dirt cheap, they thought it was a 390 hehehe. Now I am looking for a 66 or 67 Fairlane to turn it into a 427 GT clone, I love Ford FE big blocks!!

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Angry_American said:
I just found a 427 Ford in a junkyard, and got it dirt cheap, they thought it was a 390 hehehe. Now I am looking for a 66 or 67 Fairlane to turn it into a 427 GT clone, I love Ford FE big blocks!!

Cool. Top or side oiler?

(I still prefer the 429...)

Have fun with the Fairlane. I love those.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Sideoiler. And yes the 429 is a hell of a motor as well.

Someday I hope to get ahold of the holy grail of Ford motors, 427 SOHC, but I seriously doubt I will ever be able to afford one of them lol.

I will see next weekend how good of a deal I got, that will be my first chance to tear down the 427 and see how much its going to cost me lol. I will be happy as long as the block and heads are in good shape, the rest is just money.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts