MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After more than 2 months of waiting, the state of New Jersey finally saw fit to issue me a handgun purchase permit. Went to the gun store to try out a bunch of different handguns, wound up really liking the feel of the M&P so I got it. Just took it to the range the other day, it certainly shoots better than I do. I'm somewhat concerned with all the talk of magazine release problems on this forum, but out of my first 125 rounds I have yet to have any problems, hopefully it stays that way. I've got a lot of dry-fire practice to do, it being my first handgun I've got a bit of a flinch, but I am definitely a fan.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I used to hail from the People's Republic of NJ, and I still call it home when I'm visiting family and friends.

Congratulations on your purchase, I picked one up on Wednesday myself. It's definitely a great pistol and far more accurate than I am at this point in time
150 rounds on the first day and my hands weren't even tired - just a sore thumb from loading many more rounds than that.

·
Registered
191 Posts
First of all welcome to the forum.

Very good choice with the 9c :wink: I do like my 40c better but 9 is much cheaper to shoot.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My MP9c is my favorite carry gun, not much bigger then my Kahr K9 but with a lot more firepower. S&W hit a home run with the M&P compact. Any of you guys thinking about buying one, do so without reservation, once you shoot it you'll be as impressed as I was.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Go West Young Man!!!!

TWO MONTHS TO GET A PERMIT TO BUY A PISTOL? :? How does that work? You get a so called permit and then go out and find a gun to buy? Boy am I glad I live in Texas! :wink:

·
Registered
498 Posts
@TxPhantom

No doubt. Here in TN, you walk into a gun store, fill out some paperwork, and get asked, "cash or card?". In and out in 15 minutes flat.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
jediihaf said:
@TxPhantom

No doubt. Here in TN, you walk into a gun store, fill out some paperwork, and get asked, "cash or card?". In and out in 15 minutes flat.

Yeah, it's almost that easy here when you have a CHL. The hard part is paying for it! :roll:

·
Registered
280 Posts
jediihaf said:
@TxPhantom

Yep, that's where I bought my first 2. VA isn't much more difficult, and takes just as long, granted you have either a VA driver's license (or CHL) or proof of residency in the state. In my case, I'm stationed here in the Army, so I just brought a copy of my PCS orders and a utility bill proving I live where I live. Too easy.

Then came the $$ part
lol

TN is definitely a great state to be a firearms owner. KY is slightly better due to the fact that you can carry in a place that serves alcohol, so long as you're not AT the bar and less than 50% of their revenue is generated by booze - a la Applebee's or somesuch. I don't like de-strapping just to get a bite to eat.

·
Registered
498 Posts
jediihaf said:
@TxPhantom

TN is definitely a great state to be a firearms owner. KY is slightly better due to the fact that you can carry in a place that serves alcohol, so long as you're not AT the bar and less than 50% of their revenue is generated by booze - a la Applebee's or somesuch. I don't like de-strapping just to get a bite to eat.

That point was discussed today in my hand gun class, it was mentioned that they are in the process of changing the law in TN to include that aswell.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Welcome to the site; and dont feel bad, after over 1k rounds down range and at least that many dry fires, my MP is still more accurate than I am.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts