MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after many many months of waiting (not S&W's fault, export/import permits), I now have my M&P 9mm back. For those that don't know I had a factory Fiochi round blow up in the gun, toasted the extractor, extractor spring, trigger bar, and other internal bits. Gun was completely non functional after the explosion. It appears to be the same frame, at least the plastic is as the take down tool is still the same one (mangled it taking it out the first few times), and you can see the marks from mags going in and out. But all the rest of the gun is new, including frame rails in the front and the entire sear package in the rear, and new slide and barrel. The fit of the rear sight is different too, with no big gap between it and the slide, so hopefully it'll shoot to POA now, not 4 inches high at 25 yds. Trigger needs to be worked on again, and in looking in there it is completely alien to me again. Sigh, gotta go back and re-read all those posts.

I've stayed away from here since I sent the gun back as it just frustrated me not having the gun and reading all the various posts about them. I am sooooo looking forward to putting this beasty through some stages on Saturday night. Should be fun. Now I just need to source some spare mags.[/u]

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Did you call the ammo manufacturer? if so waht did they say about their ammo ruining your gun?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
because the case came apart completely and we couldn't find any bits (more concerned about the gun at the time), Fiocchi isn't doing anything. I can't prove it was their ammo, and they aren't likely to do anything for me. I have been in contact with them, and will let them know what Smith has done. Smith also knows it was Fiocchi ammo. I'll never touch their ammo again, I'll say that much. I trust my own reloads more than their stuff.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Yep, just another reason why I don't shoot it. Glad Smith took care of you.

[sidebar]Too bad you couldn't just drive to Sumas and sent it from there and save yourself a lot of hassle. The law is the law though, and not something to mess with. Without the obvious border crossing though you could never tell they are different countries. I've driven into Abbotsford with friends a few times now and they all have this astonished look on their face and say something like, "But...this looks just like America."[/sidebar] :wink:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually they didn't even ask me to prove it. But I did tell them I could get sworn statements from the LEO's I was on the range with. I think this is just another example of how great a company Smith and Wesson is, and how they stand behind their products. (now if I could just get my free bag that I've mailed off for 3 times now, ahem Jeff????).

choochboost, sending it down took less then a week, it was getting it back that took forever. I think the gun was fixed by the end of the 2nd week if I remember right, but then S&W had to wait for the export permit from the state dept. getting it sent to Sumas would've been great, and if I had a form6 for it, I probably could've just sent it from down there and then picked it up again, so long as I could legally receive it that is. and if you're ever coming up this way again PM me and I'll drag you and your buds down to my range.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Slavex said:
actually they didn't even ask me to prove it... I think this is just another example of how great a company Smith and Wesson is, and how they stand behind their products.
I knew you were going to say that.

Slavex said:
if you're ever coming up this way again PM me and I'll drag you and your buds down to my range.
Oooo, very nice. Thank you very much. Your range as in YOUR range? Where does everyone shoot there? There's certainly enough open space. How much of a hassle would it be to bring in handguns?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not my personal range (I wish, cuz then I could throw out the idiots), but the range I shoot at. Only 100yds deep on the outdoor, but nice 30 yd indoor. can shoot anything outside and upto .50 AE inside.

bringing up handguns is easy. I give you an invite, you prefill out the forms available online and show up at the border with them. Only caveat is there are some guns (under 4 inch barrel for instance) that aren't allowed, and of course mags have to be 10 rounders. But if you have any questions on specific guns just ask me and I'll let you know.

Just found out that the CQC holster I got while the gun was away has been recalled so I have to head into the shop and swap it out. arrg 1hour each way!

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Slavex said:
not my personal range (I wish, cuz then I could throw out the idiots), but the range I shoot at.
Every range has 'em.

bringing up handguns is easy. I give you an invite, you prefill out the forms available online and show up at the border with them. Only caveat is there are some guns (under 4 inch barrel for instance) that aren't allowed, and of course mags have to be 10 rounders. But if you have any questions on specific guns just ask me and I'll let you know.
Thanks. The 10-rounders would not be a problem since I live in a 10-rounder state.

Glad to see you back here with us.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
slavex -- you Canadian *******! What are you doing here?

Sorry to hear about your Fiocchi fiasco. I remember when the only ammo I couldn't get to fire out of my 92G was Fiocchi ... that did it for me. If your primers are so hard that a 92G can't set them off, your primers must not have primer compound in them!

Glad Smith got you up & running again. Now you just have to come down to the Free Country for some shooting!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
heya Todd what're you doing here???????????? One day I'll make south for some shooting. silly since I live 20 minutes from the US border.

The Smith shot great tonight, it had about 300 rounds of Federal and Winchester put through, as well as 50 rounds of my ammo sponsors IPSC load. I still think it shoots high, even when I benched it tonight. But it shot great nonetheless. It mostly in the hands of 3 brand new shooters from over at Get Off The X (woman and her two young teenage boys). They liked it, but found the trigger a bit heavy. A little work will fix that.

zero problems with it though, not one, even though a Glock using the same ammo kept double feeding and failing to extract.

Next Friday is our annual Santa Shoot, and the M&P will have a ton of ammo put through at various flaming targets (tv's on fire etc). should be fun.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Slavex said:
heya Todd what're you doing here????????????

Just decided it was time to start shooting a real 100% Made-in-America gun to support our national small arms manufacturing infrastructure. We'll need it when we finally invade Canada.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just let me know when that's going to go down. that way we can prepare a proper Canadian built welcome...........

hee hee hee hee.

nah you know you'd be welcomed with open arms, and open beers!

·
Registered
937 Posts
I thought it was a gun MacGuyver built out of a candy cane, scary black Twizler, and a roll of Lifesavers. NOt too impressive until you figure in the ammo made of hollowed-out Rolos for a case, an Everlasting Gobstopper projectile, and 15grains of Pixie-Stick powder. I hear you can also use lime Fun-Dip, but it's got too high a burn-rate and the Gobstopper comes apart on impact, reducing the penetration capabilities from piercing Level-Three body armor down to Level-One.

·
Registered
365 Posts
choochboost

"But...this looks just like America."

Funny last time I was down in Bellingham my wife said about the same thing. "Hey this reminds me of Canada. Jeez they even dress just like Canadians."

Rob why don't you come up here for our IPSC Qualifier in April? Confirm early and I'll break down and get my Black Badge this spring.

Take Care

Bob

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Re: choochboost

robertbank said:
"But...this looks just like America."

Funny last time I was down in Bellingham my wife said about the same thing. "Hey this reminds me of Canada. Jeez they even dress just like Canadians."
That's because Bellingham was built for Canadians and most of the people you saw were probably Canadians.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts