MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new .45 and one of the mags I can only get 9 rounds into. The other i can squeeze the full 10 in but its a little challenging. Any one else have this problem? Should I just send the one mag back to S&W?

Also sent in the forms for both the 2 free mags and the free range bag? Think I'll get both or are these offers mutually exclusive?

M

·
Registered
291 Posts
Did you take the mag apart to see if there was a reason yoou couldn't get the full ten rds in?

Leave the mags loaded to capacity. This should soften the springs and make them easier to load.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, i didnt take it apart. Its my first pistol and i didnt even know they can be take apart. I managed to squeeze all 10 in one time but then the clip would seat properly in the gun. If i take one round out it goes in smooth as butter. The second mag I can get all 10 in every time and it seats properly.

·
Registered
291 Posts
The mags come apart easiely for cleaning and etc.

Look at the butt of the mag, take something and push in on the button and slide the base plate forward while holding the button in.

Keep your thumb on the plate under the butt plate as it is under spring tension.

Once the butt plate is off, slowly release tension on the follower plate and pull out the spring.

It goes back the opposite way it came out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had the same issue with mine, load as many as you can then let them sit for a day or so. You should be able to get 10 in no problem after a day or two.

·
Registered
72 Posts
load 8 or 9 rounds

Then smack the bottom of the mag against your palm to "seat" the rounds

Then they will all fit nicely

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I tried everything and still no go. I took the mag apart, everything looked fine. I left 9 rounds in for 2 days and its still too tight. I'm able to get the 10th one in using a lot of elbow grease but its so tight that the mag wont seat in the gun. I know I can get it in if i open the slide but then I'm forced to chamber a round which I dont want to do untill I'm ready to fire. My other mag is completely fine. I guess I'll exchange the tight one when new ones become available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts