MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I got my new mp 9mm today from Buds. Got home started playing with it and getting to know it. All was great till I started checking out the tiny details. Like noticing the finish is just starting to wear on the slide lock already! Hmm I thought I barely touched that thing so far! Then after I field stripped it I noticed a couple little tiny bald spots on the inside of slide rail. Is this normal for a brand new m&p? Am I being to picky expecting this thing to be cosmetically flawless?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Am I being to picky expecting this thing to be cosmetically flawless?[/quote]

^ yup

·
Registered
14 Posts
No

You bought something new, you should expect it to look and feel new IMO. Probably not worth sending it back to S&W but it would bother me too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got my M&P 9mm today and while in the store i didn't notice tonight i with more time i could see a few spots where it looks like the finnish was thin/missing. Like others said not a big deal but if you buy something new you do kind of expect it to be in perfect condition. On the flip side though i understand that these are mass produced and as long as it functions properly i could really care less about a couple of dots in harder to see areas.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Remember that the Melonite protects and penetrates the metal. It is not just an outside coating. Get a sharpie and touch it up if it really bothers, or call S&W and they will have you ship it to them at thier expense.

Enjoy and shoot safe!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Sharpies do work on the slide release and any spots on the frame. I've used them on these two spots and it does the job. I'm not sure about any spots on the slide though.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
+1 :wink:

coltman1985 said:
Remember that the Melonite protects and penetrates the metal. It is not just an outside coating. Get a sharpie and touch it up if it really bothers, or call S&W and they will have you ship it to them at thier expense.

Enjoy and shoot safe!!

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
If you use a holster and shoot the thing it will build character as a natural part of its use in the form of wear spots. The barrel may have a couple of wear spots when new because it is test cycled and fired prior to leaving the factory.

Clean and oil it on a routine basis and the wear spots will just look cool. Makes you look experienced.

These are combat weapons not Safe Queens. IMHO :twisted:

·
Registered
20 Posts
ravedavewave said:
Sharpies do work on the slide release and any spots on the frame. I've used them on these two spots and it does the job. I'm not sure about any spots on the slide though.

yeah i have to go ahead and disagree with you

black sharpies tend to dry a purplish black

and comes off very easily

brownells sell touch up markers that do a much better and long lasting job

1 - 11 of 11 Posts