MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, these are new slides. Not a mark on mine. Wrapped in blue plastic (bag) inside that greasy/waxy feeling S&W brown paper. Sights are in a foam lined clear plastic container/display case. Like you'd see hanging from a rack in a store.

Got some of the parts for the slide. Waiting on a barrel. Might try to get the night sights on that first slide tomorrow. No use messing with the striker till I get the striker block parts and the slide back plate.

I need to modify the slide optics cut to get rid of the back pins and shorten the front pins like I did the Shield Plus when I got it.

Then it goes on the Shield Plus frame for a trip to the range for sight in and to see how it shoots.

· Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No. Stripped bare.

I've got the sleeve, the striker assembly, the sights, the extractor and extractor spring, sights in my hands and ready. Waiting on the firing pin block/spring/plastic cap/spacer and the barrel. Not sure about the recoil spring assembly.

Oh, was watching a video about slide disassembly/parts on you tube. When it finished it went right to the next video. It was about a piece called a DPP adaptor plate to install the Holoson red dots on the Shield without having to modify/remove the posts in the sight cut. About $25 on Amazon. Ordered one to try it out. Hopefully it won't set the sight up so high I can't see/use the iron sights. If so, it's back to removing/modifying posts.

· Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got some more parts today.

Still need the striker block springs and the little plastic piece that sits on top of the spring, under the rear sight. Also need to get the extractor roll pin and the plate that goes in the back of the slide (thought I had them on order but didn't - ordered now.) The barrel is supposed to be here tomorrow.

Still need to call S&W about the recoil spring assemblies.

Oh, got that little adapter plate from Amazon today. Fit like a charm. Set right down on the posts in the cut and fits flush in the cut. If I'd known about those when I got the Plus I'd have put on on it. Now I need to order another Holoson. Only concern is being able to see the iron sights.

Only building one slide assembly for now. Sure hope that aftermarket barrel shoots like the S&W barrels shoot.

· Registered
Five M&P Shields
575 Posts
That spring & retainer are available from S&W that goes under the rear sight, I ordered an extra for my parts stash.
Don't forget the extractor + roll pin for it.
The OR Shield uses an odd extractor & roll pin.
Of course, you could just cut a standard roll pin down, but the extractor won't have the extra spring inside to help hold the short roll pin, note: angle on tip of roll pin to feed through the spring-loaded part of the extractor's retainer. & Red Loctite is used on both ends of the roll pin.
I would just modify the pins in the slide with a file instead of adding a spacer which will raise the RDS up making Co-Witness worse...
Measure with a caliper inside the Holosun & make the pins just a bit shorter to fit just shy of the amount needed...
Material property Office equipment Font Electric blue Metal
Electric blue Trigger Office equipment Magenta Gun accessory

Material property Composite material Electric blue Wood Clock
Purple Wood Material property Indoor games and sports Font

· Registered
Five M&P Shields
575 Posts
@HEADKNOCKER, sorry I wasn't clear, I meant the cover plate for the optics cut-out secured by the 2 screws. Thanks,
Others have said they couldn't buy that piece???
I have one BUT won't sell it as it completes my Shield Plus Optics Ready IF I ever sell it which is doubtful... OR remove the red dot...
It's made of polymer & would think SAW would sell them IF they have them in stock & available...

There are some aftermarket ones on eBay for $10+

Just looked & Freestone Armory has the factory ones from stripped slides for $40 with FREE S&H on eBay
S&W M&P SHIELD PLUS 3.1" Optic Ready Cover Plate Polymer Slide Part Screws M&P9 | eBay
2 currently available, get them quick as others want to complete the CDNN slides which are a bargain IMO... These are hard to find... + Correct Screws too!

· Registered
11 Posts
Funny thing was, my parts order with S&W was incomplete the first pass, then I had to place a second order, and the RMR cover they sent was for the newer series (longer and rectangular) P/N 421570000, I called back and they sent me a bag P/N 3012907, which included 7 plates + screws for the newer & longer cutout. Now that you told me the Freestone fits, I ordered one. It would have been much cheaper from S&W had they shipped the correct one!

Attachments

· Registered
56 Posts
Others have said they couldn't buy that piece???
I have one BUT won't sell it as it completes my Shield Plus Optics Ready IF I ever sell it which is doubtful... OR remove the red dot...
It's made of polymer & would think SAW would sell them IF they have them in stock & available...

There are some aftermarket ones on eBay for $10+

Just looked & Freestone Armory has the factory ones from stripped slides for $40 with FREE S&H on eBay
S&W M&P SHIELD PLUS 3.1" Optic Ready Cover Plate Polymer Slide Part Screws M&P9 | eBay
2 currently available, get them quick as others want to complete the CDNN slides which are a bargain IMO... These are hard to find... + Correct Screws too!

@HEADKNOCKER
Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered one.

· Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just got done checking again. No luck at MGW but Numrich had just about everything else I think I needed. The little plastic spring cover for the striker block, the striker block springs, etc. Only thing left to order now is the recoil spring assembly (I think). Must have gotten a shipment in since last week.

When I get the plastic spring cover and spring I can assemble the slide except for the recoil spring assembly.

The Holoson should be here today but I won't put it on till I get the sights installed. Well, not permanently on, anyway. Might have to see how it looks.:D

· Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just got off the phone with S&W Customer Service. New recoil spring assembly on order. He told me I should get it within 10 days. I should get the Numrich order sooner so the slide should be ready for the recoils spring assembly when it get's there. Then onto the Plus frame and off to the range to see if it shoots like the 3.1" barrel model shoots.

Oh, the guy I talked to said he absolutely understood how well the Shields shoot. He said he had three of them.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts