MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
This sounds like someone digging for gold in Smith's pockets. Stocks rise and fall, and Smith's stocks rose with their popularity of the M&P line and their popularity with the consumers. I'm not sure what they thought was said, but all stock investments are speculative, and you have a chance to lose money on them. "Please invest wisely. And stop blaming a company when their stock falls in the natural ebb and flow."

·
Registered
131 Posts
Another example of a "sue happy" society that wants to abuse the legal system and the courts to try to make a quick buck in a class action suit.

I have read more than a few of the news releases from SWHC (Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation) and while their estimates earlier this year clearly anticipated better sales and earnings results, especially with their new long guns, at least they came back and made adjusted estimates as soon as information was available. No one likes to admit that they are wrong, especially not the senior management and board of directors of publicly traded companies, but estimates are estimates not promises or guarantees. If someone bought the stock in August or September for $21 or $22 and expected it to increase in value to $26 or $30 based upon the projections of the management team, and they are ticked now that the stock is trading at $6 per share, I can understand that; however, every stock investment has inherent risk driven by the forces of the market. Get used to it, get over it, or put your money in the bank and sleep soundly.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Take advantage of the Smith promotions now. Because, a lot of the discounts and promotions we saw in 06 & 07 will not be present in 08. I'm sure they will be smaller. I'm sure their executives hope the sales from the M&P line continue to spark interest in SW.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts