MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been gone for a bit lately. I have been getting ready for a few airline interviews.

Today I had the first of them, which just happened to be with my first choice of where I wanted to be and I got the job!!!!! I am super excited and I start all my stuff beginning of August which leaves me a nice little vacation. Planning on doing alot of shooting, and hopefully get out on a vacation, maybe to Cancun for some scuba diving.

Anyhow, just thought I would share! Yall have a great weekend!

p.s- anybody curious on which airline can pm me for the info, I know we have a few fellas on here in the industry

8)

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Congrats,

It looks like I MIGHT be in the market soon myself but nothing to do with flying...

enjoy your break brother-Jason

·
Registered
512 Posts
Congrats man, I have many friends flying for various airlines and they absolutely love it. I will hopefully make it that way sooner or later. Let us know how it goes. By the way, how was the checkride, or did they just do an interview and check your logbook for hours/currency?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
101Combat Vet said:
Congrats,

It looks like I MIGHT be in the market soon myself but nothing to do with flying...

enjoy your break brother-Jason

Thank you Jason!!!

jbparrothd21 said:
Congrats man, I have many friends flying for various airlines and they absolutely love it. I will hopefully make it that way sooner or later. Let us know how it goes. By the way, how was the checkride, or did they just do an interview and check your logbook for hours/currency?

I will keep you updated on everything if you would like! You will probably be able to tell what airline after I tell you what the process was like...

Beginning of the day we all got in, did a quick powerpoint presentation of the company and worked ou paperwork. In the meantime they went over our paperwork and logbooks/times until we each got called in. We each got called in to 3 different rooms after that. First room was a technical. They asked me about the current airplane that I was flying (let me know if you want specifics!). I went back and sat in the room finishing paperwork. Got called into the second room where they did Jepps. He asked me a few things on the chart and to "finger fly" an approach into Mexico which had a DME Arc. He only asked me 3 things on the chart so it was really quick since I really knew the Jepps going into it. Third room, HR. Asked me what I thought a Professional Pilot once, asked me the "drunk Captain" question and then asked about any failed checkrides/stage checks/incidents/accidents of which I had none. Told me to "stand by the picture" and was offered a job about a minute later!!

Please let me know if I can be of any more assistance to you!

edit- as far as currency they have you fill out a "flight time grid" which I can show you. It pretty much breaks your times down to PIC, Multi time, Instrument Actual, Simulated Instrument, Single Engine and also times within the past 6 months along with any proficiency checks.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Congrats...

·
Registered
25 Posts
CONGRATS!

Congratulations!!!!! Wishing you only the best in your new job. One of my friend just retired as a senior captain from one of the major airlines. His last duty assignment was a really tough one. Seems this airline had/has a scheduled run out of NYC to the Bahamas ever day. Its a day long, get away from snow type of flight where you leave at 6 in the moring, fly to the Bahamas, spend a day on the beach or doing whatever, then fly out of the Bahamas late that night. He loved that run! Hummm, do I see flights from TX to Cancun on your horizon?

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!

·
Registered
501 Posts
TexanAviator said:
[quote name='darklyte24']dont matter what airline, but what the heck are you doing?

Sorry I did not mention, I am a pilot

[/quote]

With that avatar I would have guessed stew for sure..........

·
Registered
708 Posts
WOW!! Totally awesome! I wanted to be a pilot for a while but wasnt sure if i wanted to do it as a job. That is really cool man, congrats!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cet said:
As a pilot, what are your thoughts concerning commercial aviators having a firearm in the cockpit?

I believe it is very important to our safety these days. While we have federal air marshalls, they only account for a very few percent of each flights. On each flight, there must be TWO pilots, meaning that there will be much more coverage of flights.

As pilots, we are bestowed with a great deal of responsibility, while some may see the pistol as a distraction, I feel that with our current level of training, that it would not be a big deal at all. I am currently working on my application to the program.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: CONGRATS!

park ranger said:
Congratulations!!!!! Wishing you only the best in your new job. One of my friend just retired as a senior captain from one of the major airlines. His last duty assignment was a really tough one. Seems this airline had/has a scheduled run out of NYC to the Bahamas ever day. Its a day long, get away from snow type of flight where you leave at 6 in the moring, fly to the Bahamas, spend a day on the beach or doing whatever, then fly out of the Bahamas late that night. He loved that run! Hummm, do I see flights from TX to Cancun on your horizon?

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!

As a matter of fact, I will be bidding for a Houston base. The airline I am with does international flights to both Mexico and Canada, so YES, I will be seeing some Cancun trips

8)

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
darklyte24 said:
WOW!! Totally awesome! I wanted to be a pilot for a while but wasnt sure if i wanted to do it as a job. That is really cool man, congrats!

You can always go get your PPL (Private Pilot's License) !!

If you need further guidance as to how to get into aviation as a hobby please let me know! I could even help you research, and price your local flight schools.

·
Registered
708 Posts
thanks, when i was 16 my mom was going to pay for me 5000$ for pvt lic.

right now im focused on a good career first.

my friend is going to do helicopter. he heard a radio ad recently and will try that. costs about 70k as we looked it up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts