MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the wife to go with and shoot a little. Once she pulled that trigger the first time, it was all over. She had fun with it. I guess I'm going to have to start saving a little to buy her one. Maybe I'll get her one of the compacts.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Congrats! Glad she enjoyed it. Did you take her to an indoor or outdoor range?

I've been told that females don't care as much for indoor ranges, especially when they are just starting. Unfortunately for me, my g/f has a "thing" about guns. She gets uncomfortable just seeing one. That's tough for me since I leave them laying everywhere when I'm home. Oh well. I'm doing pretty well since that is one of my only complaints about her....

·
Registered
154 Posts
thats great!

I'm still in baby-steps mode with my wife. at least now she doesn't freak out when I practice my dry firing in front of the mirror.

She's starting to come around, her girlfriend's husband is a Fed LEO and also her old boss that she likes was very enthusiastic when she told him about my new "hobby" so that helped a little too.

Still can't get her to go to the range with me though. someday!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats

I got my wife to go out with me for my first shooting trip with my new 9c. She probably shot 50-60 of the 350 or so I have thru it. She started out well (better then me) but seemed to get a little worse as she went. She has not handled any firearm very much so she is hesitant and nervous, she seemed to enjoy it though and wants to shoot again. If I can get her into it then it will give a good reason to get the full size...

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
As soon as our daughter is born my wife wants to start getting into shooting as well. Sounds like we have some keepers here fellas....lmao

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Women can shoot...

My wife and I are both Texas CHL holders. When she 1st started shooting she only shot the 22's. She now has her own little arsenal including a 22, a 9mm, a 380, a 38 snubbie, and a 45 caliber. She can shoot just about anything and loves going to the range.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
johndoe1027 said:
Congrats! Glad she enjoyed it. Did you take her to an indoor or outdoor range?

I've been told that females don't care as much for indoor ranges, especially when they are just starting. Unfortunately for me, my g/f has a "thing" about guns. She gets uncomfortable just seeing one. That's tough for me since I leave them laying everywhere when I'm home. Oh well. I'm doing pretty well since that is one of my only complaints about her....

It was an ID range. I dont think, for my wife anyway, that OD or ID range would have mattered. She doesnt like balloons popping let alone 5-6 lanes of guns firing. But she eventually got over it and stopped thinking about that so much.

It sounds like our wives are fairly similiar. Mine about had a heartattack when I first got my snap caps to start dry-fire practicing. I guess she thinks I was going to just start blowing holes in the house or something. She does dye her hair blonde too. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I still need to get her back to the range. She only shot my buddies .22 pistol that time. I want her to be comfortable with my MP9, but one step at a time I guess.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yeah, i love to hear about those hot lady shooters
My wife loves to shoot too!!! She grew up in a house where "guns are bad" so it took her a year or so just to be comfortable with me having a gun in the house. I started out just like my dad did with me, just showing her how to clear it (S&W .38spl) and grip it properly and finally got her out in the yard (several acres) shooting cans and milk jugs. She took to it really well and is actually a good natural shot. Since then she's been out with me several times and shot everything from mom's .380 to a Colt Anaconda 44mag !!

She definitely prefers shooting outdoors b/c she gets nervous when there are people she doesn't know or trust shooting right next to her (don't we all?).

After the incident at VA Tech i came home to find her on the couch with that .38 right on the coffee table!! I was thrilled, and i haven't heard any remarks about me carrying my MP9 around the house since.

It's great to convert someone who grew up on the "dark side" to a right thinking, gun loving American
She even tells me now that she wants another pistol that will "hold more bullets", gotta love it.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
6 months ago wife would not touch a gun,then two want to be gangsters tried to car jack her in our subdivison.she now carries a 9c every where she goes,even collage since it is legal to do so here.

he goes to range with me often and is now a very good shot.gona get her moving and shooting soon.this incedent has forever changed her life.if they were to try that crap now they would be dead.she has permit as do i,just wish it was me the punks tried :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Scary brother! Good thing they didnt have a killer mentality. Well it wont ever happen again thats for sure.....lol

Like your quote said brother, "Be armed or be a victim" Like that quote, going into my favs!

My wife is so ready for shooting, I love it!

Be safe out there tigs

tigs40cal said:
6 months ago wife would not touch a gun,then two want to be gangsters tried to car jack her in our subdivison.she now carries a 9c every where she goes,even collage since it is legal to do so here.

he goes to range with me often and is now a very good shot.gona get her moving and shooting soon.this incedent has forever changed her life.if they were to try that crap now they would be dead.she has permjt as do i,just wish it was me the punks tried :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
finalfusion said:
Scary brother! Good thing they didnt have a killer mentality. Well it wont ever happen again thats for sure.....lol

Like your quote said brother, "Be armed or be a victim" Like that quote, going into my favs!

My wife is so ready for shooting, I love it!

Be safe out there tigs

[quote name='tigs40cal']6 months ago wife would not touch a gun,then two want to be gangsters tried to car jack her in our subdivison.she now carries a 9c every where she goes,even collage since it is legal to do so here.

he goes to range with me often and is now a very good shot.gona get her moving and shooting soon.this incedent has forever changed her life.if they were to try that crap now they would be dead.she has permjt as do i,just wish it was me the punks tried :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
[/quote]

yes lucky they didnt have guns thank god and thank toyota for auto lock doors they didnt get in,she sped away called cops and they went to jail.awating trial now,one ran and they are looking for him. he was busted for crack after the arrest for carjack.he will be gone a long time when they get him.oh yeah i know the judge :wink:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Very lucky to say the least, and especially since you wherent there to handle it right there on spot! The Toyota did its job, happy to hear that! Good thing these punks will be off the streets and getting the royale treatment behind bars! oh and "oh yeah i know the judge" NICE!!!! They will get the harsh time they deserve then!!!! Congrats on putting these low lifes away brother!!! :wink:

yes lucky they didnt have guns thank god and thank toyota for auto lock doors they didnt get in,she sped away called cops and they went to jail.awating trial now,one ran and they are looking for him. he was busted for crack after the arrest for carjack.he will be gone a long time when they get him.oh yeah i know the judge :wink:[/quote]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts