MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a really interesting situation yesterday, the first time out with my new fullsize 40. I did the required clean and lube and also a trigger job before the trip. I shot about 75 rnds with zero issues, both WWB and my own reloads. Then I let my buddy shoot the weapon and two or three time per 10 rnd magazine he experienced the slide lock back. I moved to his left side so I could watch his grip and he was nowhere near hitting the slide lock/release. I also checked to see if he was pushing up on the mag and he was not. I gave him a different magazine and he had the same problem. I shot another mag and no problem. I couldn't figure what might be causing the problem. I told him to grip the gun harder and "shoot it like you mean it". After he started gripping the gun harder he had no more problems. :?:

I shot an IDPA match with the gun today and it functioned perfectly.

The round count is up to about 300 now and with me shooting it, it has been flawless. I am perplexed by what happen with my buddy. I wish I could figure out how the slide could lock back with rounds in the magazine without hitting the slide lock....

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
During recoil he was probably hitting or bumming the slide release causing it to ride up and lock the slide back.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
LC, don't you get an exemption on the stupid 10-round mag rule?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chooch,

No such luck..... I'm retired.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Don't forget the slide lock can be operated from either side. If the pistol is bouncing around something unexpected can happen.

:twisted:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts