MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a new indoor range to shoot my new .45 for the first time. First I want to say I love the way this gun shoots. It has very controlled recoil and I was able to shoot 5" groups at 20 yards. I know thats nothing spectacular but for my first time with this gun I was more than happy with it. More imprtantly though I have to give credit to Patterson Gunsmithing in Patterson NJ for an unbelievable customer service experience. This was my first time shooting there and I decided to bring my wife who has always been uncomfortable having a gun in the house and I wanted her to learn to shoot it to get over the stygma. As soon as we got to the range I could see my wife tense up. After she saw me shoot the first few rounds she got so nervous she decided to just sit outside and read her magazine. This is when one of the Patterson Gunsmithing staff members came out and basically made it her mission to make my wife comfortable and get her to shoot. She spent a good half hour of her time teaching my wife everything from how to stand to how to use the sights and shoot. She was such a great coach that after 20 minutes or so she had my wife shooting the .45 and hitting the target every time. Had it not been for her we would have left there with my wife even more scared of guns than she was when she walked in. Instead, my wife became comfortable handling a gun and actually had such a good time that she wants to go back to the range next weekend. It seems so rare now-a-days to have a stranger go out of their way to help someone out that I just had to give them credit by mentioning it on this board. Ohh, of course the .45 went through 200 rounds with no hiccups.

Cheers,

MPOWER[/quote]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paterson Gunsmithing, 438 Main St., Paterson, NJ 07501.

Phone: 973-345-4100

It's basically just 8 ports in the basement of the gun shop. They give you free targets and you select the distance using the overhead trolleys. There is a one time membership fee of $25 and then you pay $12/hour if you buy ammo from them or $15/hour if you bring your own ammo. If you only shoot once a month or so then this ends up cheaper than buying yearly memberships at ranges which don't charge per visit. This is not a fancy place by any means, but the staff went above and beyond their duties and I will definitely be going back. If you're in northern NJ and just looking for a place to legally fire off some rounds with your pistol then I would highly reccommend them.

The range you must be thinking of that closed down was Patterson Rod and Gun club.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts