MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished this one on the recommendation of a friend and all I can say is WOW! I thought I had been living under a rock since I hadn't heard of it until early this week, but I did a search and could not find it mentioned on this board.

It is the story of the lost heroes of SEAL Team 10 from Operation Redwing in Afghanistan as told by the only survivor U.S. Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell.

It is a fantastic read and gave me an incredible amount of respect for what these guys go through to become SEALS and the amazingly professional soldiers the training creates. These guys truly are American Heroes. Please pick up a copy for yourself and a friend if you have not read it yet.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Very good read to say the least. As an FYI Lt. Michael Murphy was just recently and, sadly, posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions on that mission. Dick Couch has some good books out if youre interested in SEALs. One actually follows the SEAL class that Lutrell graduated with. Its kind of ahistory book read, but interesting if you have a desire to begin to understand how SEALs are made.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I heard Marcus Luttrell telling the story of what happened that day on Sean Hannity a few weeks back. Incredible story. Despite his injuries and fatigue, he was able to keep his wits, ad-hoc ambush a group of bad-guys, and keep his rifle with him until the friendlies found him. Most importantly, he's still alive to give the real picture of the story, lest it be lost to the statistics.

When I think about it, I can't really fathom the depth of self-lessness of Lt. Murphy. I'd like to think I am honorable and good enough inside to make such a sacrifice without thinking, but everyone is different by nature and experience. I DO know that I respect all those who have, are, and will serve our country.

·
Registered
10 Posts
After reading this post I decided that this book would be the perfect book I was looking for. It will be my treadmill book(I always read when I am on the treadmill in the mornings before work). I just got home with the book and am already 30 pages in. So far it is awesome. It seems to be a very well told story by someone who honestly loved the men he served with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts