MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a full size M&P with a Surefire X300 Ultra. I was doing a lot of research on holsters and what attracted me to the Griffon were the progressive belt loops that can accommodate different belt sizes, the ability to put the gun in the holster without the light, and the looks of the holster. Now the website says that the holster can accommodate the X300 and the X300 Ultra. The holster is terrible tight when the light is on the pistol. It's perfect when the light is not on the pistol. I have noticed where the contact points that could be the problem preventing easy draw and reholstering. But for 120 bucks I was hoping for no pains at all. Does anyone else have these same issues with this brand of holster? Is this normal for kydex holsters? If yours was perfect out of the box, what brand was it?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I have a full size M&P with a Surefire X300 Ultra. I was doing a lot of research on holsters and what attracted me to the Griffon were the progressive belt loops that can accommodate different belt sizes, the ability to put the gun in the holster without the light, and the looks of the holster. Now the website says that the holster can accommodate the X300 and the X300 Ultra. The holster is terrible tight when the light is on the pistol. It's perfect when the light is not on the pistol. I have noticed where the contact points that could be the problem preventing easy draw and reholstering. But for 120 bucks I was hoping for no pains at all. Does anyone else have these same issues with this brand of holster? Is this normal for kydex holsters? If yours was perfect out of the box, what brand was it?
I am not familiar with this particular brand. That being said, most holsters have a way to adjust how snug they fit via screws and rubber grommets. It sounds as if the holster has a pretty snug fit. you could probably tape the light up to increase is external dimensions slightly and then warm the holster with a heat gun or hair dryer. The holster should stretch out a little bit. Once the holster has cooled down, remove the weapon/light. Take off the tape and re-insert. Your weapon/light should fit a little more loosely.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
What has the company said about it? If you haven't called them, call them. That would have been my first step.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have sent them emails plenty of times and I have gotten no responses. I think I'll just keep trying to wear the holster in more.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I have sent them emails plenty of times and I have gotten no responses. I think I'll just keep trying to wear the holster in more.
Wow! If you've attempted to contact them about the issue and they haven't responded to your inquiries that says a lot about the company.

Thanks for letting us know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts