MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another vote for Hogue Handall. Great product and great people to deal with. Just be prepared for a little tussle during the install. Use the site search function to look for a few excellent write ups with good tips.
Craig

·
Registered
16 Posts
No problem. If you decide to go the Hogue Handall route and you’re going to install yourself, you may want to consider the Shield 45 version over the Shield 2.0 version. The Shield 45 version is supposed to be slightly larger and easier to install because the Shield 45 has a slightly larger grip. I installed the Shield 2.0 version on my + and love it, but it required quite a bit of effort to install. You may want to solicit feedback from other members who may have installed the 45 version on their +’s before ordering to make sure they’re happy.
craig

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am a fan of the Hogue grips and have used them on a few different hand guns. For some reason though, I personally didn't like the fit of the Hogue on my Shield Plus. I think it had to do with the grip being really small for the Shield compared to their other grips, and the finger grooves made it harder for me to feel like I was getting a firm grip. In all fairness, I didn't try the Shield 45 version which may work better for you.

I did recently buy the Talon Grip Pro grip texture for my P365xl (which also has a very skinny grip feel), and that has been a game changer for me. They sell the grips in rubber or granulate textures as well, but the pro texture mixes both the rubber and granulate styles together to make this incredible feeling grip (in my opinion of course)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've got Hogue grips on all of my EDC and hunting handguns. Helps with recoil and grip memory.

I've got the Hogue Handall on my Sheild 9mm M2.0 and it also helps take the bite out of the grip texture on my sides.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts