MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 45 and 40c. My thumb knuckle takes a beating with the 40c. Anyone else have this happen where the skin is scraped off? There was a little flap of skin but I ripped it off. I've been using the smallest backstrap and will try the medium one.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Poor Ken has a boo-boo.
:wink:

Putting a larger strap on should push your thumb out further, so should stop the knuckle getting beaten. the "meaty" part of the thumb should then only come into contact with the gun...

Or keep shooting till you get a callus! :wink: :wink:

I was getting a sore middle finger from under the trigger guard on my shooting hand. I smoothed out the grip patten and this fixed it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
You have some long fingers! Try the large strap. 8)

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
That same problem caused me to sell an excellent XD40 Tactical and purchase my M&P40 FS. You may just need the beavertail of the full size.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
two things:

1. make sure the rear roll pin is not sticking out just a tiny bit or it will rip you up just like the picture (don't ask me how I know :? ).

2. if that picture is a good representation of your normal grip looks like it could use a little work as well. Your fingers are wrapped way too far around the front strap. which would have to put your trigger finger too far through the trigger for good trigger control. Most shooters agree shooting the M&P you should be using the pad of your finger not the first joint like on a revo. Rotating you hand around the gun a bit to reposition you trigger finger will move where the gun impacts you, it will move more into the web of your hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts