MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have been a lurker to this point, I guess, on this site. I recently purchased an M&P 15T, and a M&P 9mm pistol. I was going to replace the grip on the AR, but can not seem to figure out how to remove the factory grip. Has anyone done so, and if so, how? I looked in the M16 armor book, and it says that there should just be a screw down there, but that's not what mine looks like. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
You might check Midway or Brownell for an schematic (exploded view) of your M&P 15T. I know they have M&P pistol schematics.

Also welcome to the forum

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
If I understand you correctly, you want to replace the pistol grip. If that is the case, all you need is a long screw driver(flat-tip). The end, or bottom of the grip is hollow; what you do is insert the screw driver (flat-tip) and back-out the bolt. Be sure watch that you dont lose the small spring that is inside the grip where the grip and lower receiver meet, or near the trigger guard. It should take you less than 3 minutes, if you have any further questions, call the S&W hot-line and ask for M&P rifles.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Look in bottom of grip. There should be a screw with a slot head, or a socket head screw that needs an allen wrnech to take out. I ahve not run into any done differently than that.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Any luck?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses. It must be a hex head bolt. I shined a flashlight down in there, and from what I could see, it was not a regular screw. It should be fun to try and find the right size hex to fit in there. What is the deal with the screw? Will it be obvious as to where to replace it, and what is its function?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
The screw holds it in place, I was curios I replaced mine awhile ago, but I have a flat-tip bolt now. Maybe in the exchange with the Hogue, it h=came with it. I would simply call S&W and ask what size it is, rather than tearing things up just get it off. Watch the detent spring upon removal, should be on the right side near the trigger guard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have sent S&W a couple of emails in the past 2-3 days, and haven't gotten a response to either yet. Is it better to call them?

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
The spring is for the selector (safety), be careful with the spring and don't forget the selector detent pin, don't lose it! When you remove the grip, the selector detent can fall out of the hole the spring came out of.

Selector detent pin shown on the right side, second from the top.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Farrelljt said:
I have sent S&W a couple of emails in the past 2-3 days, and haven't gotten a response to either yet. Is it better to call them?

YES

1 - 10 of 10 Posts