MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to hear from those of you who have both a full size 40 and the 45: how about a size comparison between these two pistols. Is the overall circumference the same? How about the length? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I don't have both but I believe that the 45 is bigger, noticeably. Check out S&W's site and they may have dimensions for you.

·
Registered
210 Posts
It is slightly larger....noticable but not like going from a Glock 17 to Glock 21!!!! The rest of the gun is the same size as the 9/40 outside of longer slide/barrel. Should fit the same holsters. I'm actually finding my MP45 fits the most of my Glock23/27 holsters. So far it rides comfotrably in my Galco Royal Guard IWB and Bianchi Carrylok!!!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
The width is the same and they use the same back straps. The lenght and circumference is obvioulsy going to larger due to the .45 round being longer than the 9/40.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I guess I'll go find one and put my hands on it. It's great to hear that it's nothing like the bulky grip of the Glock 21. As for holster fit, it wasn't really my question. But since it's been brought up, my M&P40 won't fit my Kramer #3 or Rosen ARG IWB holsters for either g22 or g23. It does fit ok in a BladeTech IWB for g22, maybe because there's enough "give" in the holster design to accomodate the differences. It also fits just fine in an Milt Sparks "Heritage" IWB made for the Sigma.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
By measuring I have found the grip circumfrence of a M&P 40 with the med. insert is the same as the 45 with the small.

CHECK 360 David Bowie

·
Registered
35 Posts
Bowie Tactical said:
By measuring I have found the grip circumfrence of a M&P 40 with the med. insert is the same as the 45 with the small.

CHECK 360 David Bowie

I agree with the above. I have both the M&P40 and the M&P45. The M&P45 is only a slightly larger gun. The grip is very similar when the M&P40 has the medium grip installed and M&P45 has the small grip installed. The M&P40's grip does seems to have a bit more "palm swell", but overall both guns fit in the hand almost exactly the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts