MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you compact owners use something other than the medium backstrap that comes on the pistol when new? Just curious

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm stuck between the nice feel of the palm swell on the medium and the very nice slim grip of the small. Right now I have the small grip on and it feels great....till I try the medium one again :roll:

Anyone have any thoughts on how the pistol handles felt recoil with one grip vs the other? With my HK P2000 I don't detect much of a difference with any of the grip choices. I've only shot the MP with the medium and won't get to get to the range for a week or so and just curious.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Jagman said:
I'm stuck between the nice feel of the palm swell on the medium and the very nice slim grip of the small. Right now I have the small grip on and it feels great....till I try the medium one again :roll:

Anyone have any thoughts on how the pistol handles felt recoil with one grip vs the other? With my HK P2000 I don't detect much of a difference with any of the grip choices. I've only shot the MP with the medium and won't get to get to the range for a week or so and just curious.

i had the same question, seems most say there is no difference.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have small, but arthretic hands, and find the compact to be much better mannered with the large grip. It seems I have less control and take more of a beating with the two smaller grips.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hello Jagman, please see the Poll thread, theres a post about different grip sizes already.

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
I now use the small one. Had the large one on, but wanted to see if it had anything to do with off 10 ring right hits. Might be coincidence and adjusted trigger pull, but made me more consistant. Probably in my mind, but I feel better hand and trigger control with the small one.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trudged throught the ice to the local Bass Pro today to get a few more rounds through my new favorite pistol. I had the small backstrap on. It's really hard to believe that this is a double stack 12+1 pistol with any of the three choices, but with the small one it feels like an 8 round SIG P239 single stack. I can get a vice like thumbs high grip on this pistol and rip off a string of rounds with just the slightest amount of muzzzle flip. I'm thinking the small backstrap for this compact is going to stay on

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
darklyte24 said:
Hello Jagman, please see the Poll thread, theres a post about different grip sizes already.

Thanks

Hey Dark....for those pistol enthusiast who are as passionate about the M&P as I am I'm hoping this board gets real active.

Based on the number of new posts around here, I don't think a duplicate thread here and there are necessarily a bad thing
But I could be wrong....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts