MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone try it yet? Any suggestions on how to get thr tape to stick to the stippling around the edges? I've seen the stippling jobs, I don't like them and would rather use grip tape. Has anyone sanded the areas smooth and applied tape?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
I used some 3M traction tape. About 10 bucks for a pretty long roll of it. The adhesive is dense enough that it doesn't have any trouble sticking. I got it in the paint section of Home Depot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
I used the same Home Depot tape that Ledge used. I used a piece of paper and made a rough stencil on the front of the grip and then cut the tape to fit it. It worked out pretty well. I took it off though. I'm planning on sending it off to get the grip stippled anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
+1 on the Agrip. Not sure if he has 'em out for the M&P yet. I imagine you could get a Glock AGrip to work. AGrips are a lot less chewy on clothes and skin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I personally like the 3m grip tape on the M&P stippling.

areas. I don't like the look of Agrip. Too much and it's too dark for my taste. lol I can't wait to see some aftermarket stuff come out. I would love to see a Dawson magwell. With my Glock Dawson magwell, I can reload in less than a second. A tungsten recoil rod would be nice as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
Re: I personally like the 3m grip tape on the M&P stippl

RCKnight said:
I would love to see a Dawson magwell. With my Glock Dawson magwell, I can reload in less than a second. A tungsten recoil rod would be nice as well.


BTW, the Magwell is not legal for USPSA Production Clas, just in case you wanted to compete in USPSA.



also, Eric Wasselamsn's tape is ona rubbery base that stretches over the grip, and when it sticks, it "REALLY" Sticks!!



I'll be waiting for Erics tape, I have used his product on my Glocks for a couple of years(same original piece of tape and now on my XD too, this stuff is really sticky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,522 Posts
Re: I personally like the 3m grip tape on the M&P stippl

RCKnight said:
areas. I don't like the look of Agrip. Too much and it's too dark for my taste. lol I can't wait to see some aftermarket stuff come out. I would love to see a Dawson magwell. With my Glock Dawson magwell, I can reload in less than a second. A tungsten recoil rod would be nice as well.


Practice more! The M&P mag geometry plus the magwell of the gun is not a bad combo, and you can get plenty fast reloads with it. Heck, I do believe Sevigny won limited at the nationals with his glock without using an add-on magwell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
I've tried a couple of types of skateboard tape with mixed results. I'd luv to have the grip stippled in Dan's Shark treatment but its not legal for USPSA Production which is my plan for my M&P9. The skateboard tape doesn't conform to the curved surfaces of the M&P grip because the tape is not flexible. If Eric's will be flexible it should be just the ticket. Until his is available does anyone know where one might get the flexible material in bulk so we can fashion our own?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
406 Posts
My buddy sprayed one of his swells with Rhinoliner when he was spraying the back of his Jeep. It feels pretty good. It seems to stick well, but it feels like you could peel it off if you wanted to. It looks good, but it's only been a couple of months, so I don't know how it will hold up. And I have no idea if it's legal for USPSA.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
Wilsoncreek said:
I've tried a couple of types of skateboard tape with mixed results. I'd luv to have the grip stippled in Dan's Shark treatment but its not legal for USPSA Production which is my plan for my M&P9. The skateboard tape doesn't conform to the curved surfaces of the M&P grip because the tape is not flexible. If Eric's will be flexible it should be just the ticket. Until his is available does anyone know where one might get the flexible material in bulk so we can fashion our own?


Get Erics Glock or XD Tape and Cut it to shape!!



Y
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
bobbthompson said:
My buddy sprayed one of his swells with Rhinoliner when he was spraying the back of his Jeep. It feels pretty good. It seems to stick well, but it feels like you could peel it off if you wanted to. It looks good, but it's only been a couple of months, so I don't know how it will hold up. And I have no idea if it's legal for USPSA.


Sure it's legal for USPSA......





In Open or Limited Class!! Not for Production!! I learned the very hard way!!



I got thrown into Open back in 2005 Area 3 because I had a Plastic Grip Plug on my G17!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just want a magwell for playing and I love the look. lol

I think the 3m tape will work fine, but it would have to be cut into 3 or 4 sections to fit the grip. I 'm set on 3m grip tape after tring several types.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
Re: I just want a magwell for playing and I love the look.

RCKnight said:
I think the 3m tape will work fine, but it would have to be cut into 3 or 4 sections to fit the grip. I 'm set on 3m grip tape after tring several types.


This is why I use Erics tape, one piece stretches and covers the whole Grip!!



Y
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
I didn't think Eric sold bulk tape?? Ysued, are you using patterns from other guns?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Here is Eric's grip panels on my 1911.







Great product. When I get my M&P in 9MM I will use his grip panels. I had Shark done to the 40 by Dan and like it but it can not be used that way in USPSA production.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top