MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, exactly why is it i cant muster enough force to rotate the grip tool to remove it? This thing wont budge at all.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The grip tools are almost always extremely tight at first. You may need to use a pair of pliers with a cloth over it the first time. After you do it the first time it get progressively easier.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Even after I finally got it rotated, I had to pracically pry it straight up with a screwdiver before I got it out..

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
When pulling it out you must make sure it is lined up correctly. If the nub is not lined up properly with the opening and you force it the nub on the tool can flatten or break off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am glad I am not the only one that had this issue removing the frame tool. It took a shirt tale and some extra force. I only remove the tool to change grip sizes. The folks at the guns hop confirmed this too - cloth and pliers.

Mike

M & P 40

·
Registered
106 Posts
How often do we really need to take that grip insert retaining rod out?

Myself, I like the idea that it's tight I don't want *anything* on my pistol

thats loose and might fall off.

I don't call it a tool...... that might make me inclined to remove it and try prying

on things. I found my M+P field strips in seconds just fine without the 'tool'.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The only time you have to remove the frame tool is to change the grip size. Otherwise a pen, small screwdriver will work to lower the sear deactivation lever. Yes the idea of tight is good since the palmwell grip is held in place by this tool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts