MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really impressed with my M&P9. So much so, that I want to get an M&P to replace my P2000 as my everyday carry. BUT...I've having some finicky issues with my M&P which doesn't build my confidence if I'm going to be carrying one.

In the first 480 rounds I had 4 light primer strikes. Then in the next 400 rounds I had 3 failures to extract.

Everything was going fine today until my mag follower appeared to get hung up mid-mag while shooting. The gun jammed, I dropped the mag, and the first few rounds drop out the top.

Any thoughts?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
choochboost said:
Any thoughts?

Yeah, clean your mags :wink:

Make sure you don't put lube in the striker channel any lube in there will attract dirt and enough dirt will cause some light strikes.

As for the failures to extract could be dirty or rough chamber or out of spec brass just hard to say exactly.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Were the failures to extract with WWB? If so, join the club as many have reported that issue with WWB, me included. I also replaced my P2000 with one of these, actually 2 of them.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
495 Posts
choochboost said:
[quote name='UPSguy']Were the failures to extract with WWB? If so, join the club as many have reported that issue with WWB, me included. I also replaced my P2000 with one of these, actually 2 of them.
Yes it was WWB. My P2000 is going bye-bye (amazingly) as soon as I figure out which M&P I want and have enough confidence in it to make it my carry gun.[/quote]Take you time with this one. I am definitely regretting getting rid of my P2000.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPSguy said:
Take you time with this one. I am definitely regretting getting rid of my P2000.
One of the biggest reasons why I want to switch is the trigger. LEM is not an option and I want to move away from the DA/SA of my P2000. I also shoot the M&P so well. I don't carry my M&P fullsize, but I am impressed with it enough that I know I want to do this. But like I said, right now the only thing that makes me leery is the reliability issues. I KNOW my P2000 will go bang and will cycle as it should EVERY time. So far, I can't say that about my M&P unfortunately.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
495 Posts
One of the reasons I switched from my P2000 was the LEM trigger. It is just so much different from 1911s and my nice sweet Geiselle trigger on my AR. I like many things about the M&P, heck I bought 2 of them but so far I do not trust it 100% yet and I am having a hard time hiding it.

·
Registered
495 Posts
As a rule the forums seem to attrack lots of people who want to vent and not necessarly want to help others get the best information. I would say as many of these as S&W is selling that the odds of getting a good one are good. MIne has not hiccuped with anything other than WWB. For me that is the problem though as that is what I have always used for practice loads. As soon as I get the proper holster I think my printing problem will go away. I can hide a 1911 with no problem so I shouldn't have a problem hiding this either.

·
Registered
36 Posts
choochboost said:
WWB is all I normally use as well. Too bad it is so ammo finicky. I like Walmart's prices.

Its not carry ammo, its training ammo.

I like it when I get the failures to extract with WWB (G19) because it lets you train clear jams, just turn the gun upside down and rack the slide, then quickly back in business.

This will not likely happen with quality carry ammo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts