MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Cochise Defender!!!!

Kevin,

I haven't talked to you personally, but I want to thank you for a fantastic product!

I can't believe the quality and style of this package.

The draw is smooth. The fit is spectacular.

It is so comfortable to wear that I may never use my Kydex rig again!

The one handed re-holster requires a slightly different technique but is easy once practiced.

I made my own belt clips since I ordered and I like them better than the standard clips that I requested from K&D. So I switched them out.

Nuff Said. Check it out!

This my first custom made leather holster.

The fit and draw are so nice that I'm not sure I need to do anything as far as conditioning before use.

I see most everyone talks about holstering with wax paper overnight. Is this to facilitate draw or to treat the inside of the holster? Should I still do this?

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Holster looks really good. Congrats!

P.S. - you forgot to note what that fine piece of craftsmanship is on your back-up mags. :wink:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
jtaliani said:
Holster looks really good. Congrats!

P.S. - you forgot to note what that fine piece of craftsmanship is on your back-up mags. :wink:

That is a great idea, I like it... I also like the holster as well, very nice...

·
Registered
206 Posts
I like that.. I like that alot.. Might have to break down and get one.. I really like my CTAC I have.. But when I sweat here in the south, the kydex kind of gets uncomfortable..

Hmmmm.. How to convince my wife I need a new holster..
:wink:

Ben

·
Registered
259 Posts
Nice piece of cow there.congrats. How long was your wait? I've made up my mind and decided I'm gonna get one for my fullsize40. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Very very nice luvmy40!! I know how much you must like your holster because I know how much I love mine. It is an awesome holster. I did nothing to break mine in. It fit my gun very nicely from day 1. Kevin does awesome work AND is also a great guy to deal with!

I don't want to steal any of your thunder here, but will post one picture of my Cochise Defender just for variety. Mine has a bit of Elephant trunk on it

Ron

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok new to the site and i have to ask cues i want one real bad now where did you get that from i would like to order one if you could put up the link thank you

Adam

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ront,

No thunder stolen at all. I luv the elephant trunk. I thought about the ostrich for mine, but decide just basic black in the end for economies sake.

kc2jmn,

The holsters are from K&D Leather:

http://www.kdholsters.com/basefile/iwb-defend.html

Call em quick as the wait for these beauties is only getting longer. Believe me, it was well worth the wait.

·
Registered
471 Posts
luvmy40, I thought long and hard about adding the Elephant trunk to mine. I finally decided that this may be the nicest holster that I ever buy and I wanted it to be special.

You are correct about getting an order in. I got an email this morning from Kevin. He is BUSY!!

Ron

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, and I'm glad to hear you're happy with the holster. I appreciate the opportunity to make it for you.

You should not have to do any of the "wax paper" fitting on the gun/holster. That's normally done if the fit is too tight for your preferences.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts