MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried a search to no avail.

I haven't gotten my M&P yet (should be here next Tues) and I'm thinking about trying out either the stainless or tungsten guide rod y'all offer.

Just wondering if you have the weights of both rods (with or without springs) and the stock captured rod?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate it, Sir. Will place and order when you update (if there's enough of a difference, of course.)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I weighed them on a powder scale and the stock guide rod without a spring weighs 267.7 grains (0.61 oz.), our stainless steel guide rod weighs 273.1 grains (0.62 oz.) and our Tungsten guide rod weighs 508.8 grains (1.16 oz).

·
Registered
154 Posts
kend said:
I weighed them on a powder scale and the stock guide rod without a spring weighs 267.7 grains (0.61 oz.), our stainless steel guide rod weighs 273.1 grains (0.62 oz.) and our Tungsten guide rod weighs 508.8 grains (1.16 oz).

Kend,

Is the Tungsten that you have for the M&P's? If so, I need to order one I think....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Let me just say that the tungsten GR for the MP ROCKS! It made a world of difference in my full size 9mm set up for USPSA production class. It's a whole different pistol in my hands now. Need to worder another one for my backup gun!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Morphire said:
Let me just say that the tungsten GR for the MP ROCKS! It made a world of difference in my full size 9mm set up for USPSA production class. It's a whole different pistol in my hands now. Need to worder another one for my backup gun!

Is use of the heavier guide rod even permitted in Production?

·
Registered
255 Posts
kend said:
Is use of the heavier guide rod even permitted in Production?

Yes.

Cool. The 2004 rule book is pretty vague but I see that the USPSA issued a summary statement later to the effect that as long as the guide rod doesn't cause the handgun to vary +/- 2oz of it's factory weight, then it is legal for use.

Nice to know.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Interesting.

What spring would you recommend for a M&P 9mm with the tungsten rod, shooting USPSA minor PF.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts